Finance Director EON Next
Sheridan Maine is retained to recruit a Finance Director for EON Next. Being the newest face amongst in the EON group of companies, EON Next, is all about creating a sustainable future, now. They’re moving your energy in the right direction, one little big step at a time. As a customer centric business they make energy much easier for their customers. EON Next has partnered with Kraken Technologies, using industry-leading technology, which will transform the future of their residential and SME customers.
As Head of EON Next Finance you will be accountable for leading the finance activities for the second largest energy supplier in the UK. Reporting to the UK CFO you will be a key member of the EON Next leadership team playing a pivotal role in shaping the strategy of the business through insightful performance management and financial analysis.
- Using your unique position within the organisation you will develop a robust performance management framework ensuring key financial metrics are delivered through the strategic focus on customer happiness and centricity.
- You will continually review market changes, identify risks and opportunities through a robust and efficient forecasting and planning processes
- Lead cost discipline within the organisation and prompt delivery and achievement of market leading cost per account
- Ensure financial Ofgem reporting is completed in line with license condition
- Manage the performance dialogue with the EON Next leadership team, UK board, and our strategic partner Kraken Technologies
- Drive understanding on performance against UK price cap, and influencing industry wide alterations to ensure cost reflectivity and value optimisation
- You will be accountable for building a high calibre, empowered, modern finance function, with a key focus on driving digitisation and automation, while ensuring strong audit compliance
- You will be responsible for delivery of all financial activity within the organisation ensuring efficient management of industry processes and facilitation of accounts payable and commissions
- As a Senior member of Commercial services leadership team, you will lead with passion and purpose with a clear focus on people development
- Implementation of a dynamic governance framework driving accountability on performance while ensuring that the organisation is empowered throughout to drive customer centricity
- Benchmark financial performance against competitors identifying opportunities with particular focus on customer numbers, gross margin, bad debt and cost per account
- Mentor and leadership for 14 - 20 finance professional
- Design of performance management framework for EON NEXT organisation
- Lead on cost control processes within EON Next driving the organisation to industry leading performance
- Lead on all business case developments and provide financial challenge
- Design and implementation of all financial processes within EON NEXT, including complex industry processes while ensuring strong audit compliance
- Recommend remedial action in the event of failure to achieve acceptable performance
The Role Requirements:
- Prior experience of the energy industry desirable but not essential
- Broad financial and risk management skills, covering all aspects of contract, reporting and planning, with an emphasis on driving value and substantial growth in the business
- Excellent commercial acumen with experience of influencing at a senior level and leading/driving business change across a large organisation
- Ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- A Qualified (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) ambitious person with significant drive, outcome and performance oriented
- Passionate and open-minded while meticulous about data and details
- Results-oriented, able to see beyond your own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- A challenger, you never miss an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Customer obsessed, our customers are at the heart of everything we do; their success is our key mission
- Commerciality and pragmatism informed by a deep understanding of the business and its finances
- Outcome focused not process driven
- Excellent leadership experience
What's on offer: You'll be joining and leading a best in class function with a superb peer group in a truly autonomous and decision making role, the package will reflect this. The package will include a bonus , long term Incentive plan, a car allowance, PMC, 26 day annual leave and a flexible benefits scheme.
Providing one of life’s essentials means our client serves customers from every background. Which is why we promote diversity in our hiring as we all work towards a brighter future.
All third party / direct applications will be forwarded to Jamie Rodden at Sheridan Maine for review.
Apply for Finance Director EON Next
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly