I am recruiting an Environmental Lead for a FTSE business. You will:Drive the delivery of the Delivering a Cleaner Future environment strategy through collaboration with key internal stakeholders and functions across the business i.e. property, fleet, operations, SHE teams.Support the Executive Sponsor by drafting any papers on the environment strategy and related targets, and review others' papers when requested by the Sponsor to provide subject matter expertise.Prepare, input and present papers to the CR Committee on environment topics, and engaging with the Committee Chair, and other CRC members as required to ensure ongoing awareness of progress and plans.Manage the lines of communication, alongside the Head of CR, between the Executive Management and Non-Executive Directors with an interest in CR.Chair the Environment Governance Board on behalf of the Executive Sponsor, ensuring cross functional focus on the delivery of the environment strategy.Ensure there is a clear understanding of environment and climate related risks and opportunities across the business, delivering and implementing plans to manage / mitigate risk, and that opportunities are explored and realised where possible.Lead and promote opportunities for engagement with key stakeholder groups (customers, investors, government) on environment strategy and performance matters. This will include the scheduling of pro-active engagement sessions, development of communications, campaigns and position papers, and other assets to support effective conversations.
You will have:
- Strong experience and understanding of environment, including climate change, waste and water
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to support deployment and delivery
- Strong communicator, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong experience and understanding of environmental compliance requirements, risk and management system application.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, to translate environmental requirements into required actions at an operational level
- In depth understanding of current and upcoming environmental compliance / requirements.
- Proactive in approach, deals confidently with competing demands.
- Experience of interfacing with executive / directors.
- Experience of interfacing with key stakeholders, including investors.
£70,000, excellent benefits and bonus