Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Fast- growing, high-energy B2C and B2B online global business
There has never been a more exciting time to join an online organisation with a clearly defined mission and purpose as well as a market leading proposition.
Our client is a rapidly growing online B2C and B2B organisation, driven by its core vision and mission, to help the next generation to develop both personally and professionally. Using the latest insights and best practice, our client is at the forefront of innovation across the global marketplace.
To lead a complex global operation encompassing technology, digital marketing and customer services with a complete focus on operational efficiency, cost minimisation and automation.
Our client is a fast- growing, high-energy B2C and B2B company in one of the most dynamic areas of the international digital landscape. They need a Chief Operating Officer (ROW excl. the Americas) to support the global CEO. With your experience and talents, you will lead a team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective. The ideal candidate has extensive experience at senior level across the range of business and commercial functions. Your career to date will demonstrate a strong mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures essential to the governance of an organisation in any sector. We require a COO with strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a commercial, creative and flexible point of view. In particular we require a COO able to oversee the work of the Technology, Marketing and Customer Services teams, internationally.
Objectives of the Role
- Collaborate with the global CEO and the COO Americas in setting and driving organisational operating strategy, and growth needs
- Jointly manage the global CTO, CMO and Customer Operations leadership.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all operational issues and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure maintenance of a competitive position
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Play a leading role in taking the organisation from a heavily people focused modus operandi to a more automated customer engagement/customer serve model, at pace
- Adhere to company, country, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Contribute to the overall leadership of the business as a member of the global executive team
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets
- Manage expenses to ensure the company achieves targets relative to growth and profitability
You will have a Bachelor’s degree and ideally higher business-related qualification and have over 10 years experience in executive leadership positions. Your leadership skills, determination and personal integrity will be of the highest level. An understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues along with a solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics are essential.
You must be able to operate effectively in a fast paced, early- stage growth online business. Digital / online product and service experience is essential as is international operational experience.
To apply please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 16th