- An exciting opportunity to join a growing SME in the food science sector
- Suitable for an experienced hands-on SME Financial Controller
About Our Client
Campden BRI is a membership organisation which was established in 1919 and has long been a trusted partner to the food and drink industry providing the practical scientific, technical, analytical and advisory services needed to ensure product safety and quality, process efficiency and product and process innovation.
Campden BRI is embarking on an exciting new three-year strategy to grow the business with the vision to advance their position as the trusted, premier, independent technical partner of choice to the food and drink industries. The company provides a broad portfolio of services to 2,400 member companies in 75 countries from all parts of the food chain and beyond. Member companies include the top 10 UK retailers, the top 16 global food and drink manufacturers with many of the world's biggest brands. Campden BRI also collaborates closely with universities, trade associations and other organisations.
The company generated revenue of circa £23m in 2019 and employs approximately 300 people across three UK sites in Chipping Campden (Head Office), Leamington Spa (consumer research centre) and Nutfield (brewing technology and regulatory affairs), and also operates via a subsidiary business in Hungary.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will manage the UK finance team of 7 and have oversight of the finance function in the Hungary subsidiary. This role presents a great opportunity to develop and streamline processes and management information to support delivery of the new business strategy.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and efficiently, to include:
- Working closely with the Finance Director, Finance Business Partner and Management Accountant to introduce best-practices to ensure an added-value Finance service to the business
- Operating and effective and efficient month end closing process to tight deadlines
- Treasury process, and Accounts-Receivable and Accounts-Payable services
- Payroll, employment taxes and pensions
- Capital expenditure and Fixed Asset Accounting
- Oversight of Procurement activities
- Development of cost effective and lean finance processes
- Maintaining a robust internal control environment
- Statutory Accounts production for three legal entities, and liaison with auditors and external advisers.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA with significant post qualification experience
- Strong technical knowledge of UK statutory accounting, Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE
- Demonstrable experience of working in an SME environment (e.g. £20m-£40m turnover)
- Highly I.T. literate
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate technical subjects having both specialist and non-specialist knowledge
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop new finance processes in a complex business environment
- Can-do thinker and skilled problem solver
- Experienced in managing multiple priorities simultaneously including initiating and leading finance projects
- Background of procurement, defined benefit pension schemes and R&D tax relief is desirable, although not essential
What's on Offer
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN0320212180085Z