Head of IT Services
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of IT Services to deliver innovative, reliable and secure IT infrastructure, services, tools and knowledge to achieve business objectives. You will play an integral role in the strategic direction, development and future growth and has responsibility for managing the infrastructure, platforms and services used for all internal services as well as infrastructure for customer facing IT services.
Strategy and Planning
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in defining and maintaining governance processes in all aspects of IT including architecture, telecommunications, networks, business applications, assets and hardware, whether purchased as infrastructure, platforms or services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies, adopting a Cloud and SAAS first approach.
- Collaborate with the appropriate business teams to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organisational needs, standardising software and IT services wherever possible.
- Communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Direct the development and execution of an enterprise-wide IT disaster recovery plan and a business continuity plan for the IT Services team.
- Ensure the security of information and data assets, compliance with GDPR, and other regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable of industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Analyse and improve upon technology standards across the organisation to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Take the lead in communicating the corporate technology strategy and vision to business stakeholders.
- Develop, track, and control the annual operating and capital budgets for the IT function.
- Responsibility for leading, motivating, developing and engaging the team, ensuring the structure is fit for purpose.
- Ensure the smooth running of IT Operations and Service Management SLAs are adhered to - ITIL.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 (Quality Management), 14001 (Environmental Management), 45001 (Health and Safety Management).
- Work toward ISO 27001 (Information Security Management?), 22301 (Business Continuity Planning).
- Create a responsive customer-focused and service excellence culture, whilst also ensuring the efficient and commercial management of company resources and assets.
- Recognise, anticipate and deliver an increasingly diverse and changing information systems environment ensuring the continued alignment of IT and business strategy.
- Ensure that all IT operational activities meet and integrate with the organisational requirements for quality management, environmental policies, customer satisfaction, ethical standards and duty of care.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing processes to ensure objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organisations resources are utilised responsibly.
- Work closely with business teams to define and deliver product requirements for internal and external customer use.