Head of HR - Law Firm
My client is a leading specialist law firm based in central London, they are looking to recruit a Head of HR to lead their HR function. Reporting to the Managing Partner and COO.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Produce the annual HR plan, including regular HR activities and discrete projects in line with business needs, changes in employment law, best practice and government legislation.
- Provide day to day advice on people issues to partners and managers to ensure that situations are handled fairly and sensitively with consideration to employment law and risk to the firm. Liaising with the Employment department / Managing Partner as appropriate
- Lead and mentor the HR team, ensuring they are fully engaged, motivated and informed and that the team reflects the culture of the firm and delivers high quality, timely and client-focussed HR services.
- Manage the administration for the recruitment of lawyers, partners and senior managers.
- Manage employee relations, including equal opportunities, diversity and equality and wellbeing.
- Manage the appraisal process including input into design of appraisal forms and grading definitions.
To be successful in this role you will require.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in a senior generalist HR role within a law firm
- Proven track record of developing strong working relationships with partners, staff, and other external and commercial influencers.
- To be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have delivered excellent HR services with a “can do” approach while showing commercial awareness.
- Successfully lead and developed an excellent HR team.