Senior Operations Manager
3 days left
My client are a Global Distribution business based in the West Midlands. They have experienced significant growth across their e-commerce contracts and need someone to lead their logistics operations.
My client are a Global Distribution business based in the West Midlands.
They have experienced significant growth across their e-commerce contracts and need someone to lead their logistics operations.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- To be responsible for ensuring that the day to day Operational customer requirements operate efficiently and safely whilst maintaining a high level of process adherence and customer satisfaction.
- Assist the Site Manager in the development of the site budget and forecasts
- Monitor performance against budget and take appropriate action where necessary, informing other levels of mgt as appropriate.
- To ensure that the planning of workloads and deployment of staff maximises the site resources.
- To task the Shift Managers and their deputies, and performance manage them through regular meetings and appraisals
- To lead from the front, motivating the team to ensure customer service targets are met and budgeted financial goals are achieved and Quality Checks are undertaken.
- To be actively involved in and support change initiatives
- Management Information and reporting. Damage levels, MHE repair costs, service levels, cost controls and productivity assessments.
- Investigation of queries and resolving them
- To ensure stock loss / damage is minimised
- To ensure proper and effective use of assets (vehicles and MHE) and that damage to company's assets are minimised
- Assist the Site Manager in controlling staffing levels e.g.: absenteeism
- Ensure the company's disciplinary code is adhered to at all times
- Identify and recommend subordinate staff training requirements
- To train and develop Shift Managers and their deputies and ensure they train their staff on all levels to maximise their potential on a fair and consistent basis.
- Responsibilities for Health and Safety.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 years+ relevant contract logistics experience
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of managing large teams in pressurised distribution operations
- MHE Qualification (desirable)
- Developing Change
- Problem Solving
- Enthusiasm to deliver customer requirements
- People Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Planning and Organising
- Resource Planning
- Delivering Results
Key relationships and interfaces:
Establish excellent working relationships and partnerships, based on an open two way communication style, with:
- Other operations managers
- Internal and external partners
- Divisional staff and managers
£50,000 + benefits