Head of Network Strategy & Transformation
Head of Network Strategy & Transformation
Capenhurst Technology Park, Chester (and home based)
EA Technology is an established company that provides high quality products and services to power networks across the globe. We are recognised as a world-leading expert in our field, enabling our clients to manage their electricity networks more efficiently, with fewer failures and outages, greater safety and lower costs.
We're embracing the challenges faced by the electricity distribution industry in the UK and globally. Our industry experts are leading the way in technical and business transformation analysis to allow networks to facilitate the drive to Net Zero. This includes the cost-effective integration of distributed energy resources (such as small-scale generation and electric vehicles) to the grid and assisting our clients in the transition from Distribution Network Operator to Distribution System Operator.
We are actively engaged in interpreting the technical, commercial and regulatory challenges associated with the evolving requirements of electricity distribution businesses and have delivered flagship projects in the UK and overseas, including multi-stakeholder projects in Australia, New Zealand and Brazil.
We are looking for a Head of Network Strategy & Transformation to focus on these challenges and lead one of the teams in our consultancy business.
As the Head of Network Strategy & Transformation, you will lead and develop the Network Strategy & Transformation team and their portfolio of projects for our UK and international clients.
In this important role, you will ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, to a high quality and in line with clients' requirements.
Additionally, you will:
- Support and grow a team of professional engineering consultants
- Build a strong understanding of clients' needs and ensuring we meet their expectations
- Develop new project proposals
- Create technical proposals and pursue business development activities
- Take responsibility for the team's P&L account
- Provide technical advice to our group
To join us as the Head of Network Strategy & Transformation, you will need:
- Experience within the electricity industry, ideally within a DNO, large industrial or related consultancy
- Project management experience, including planning the delivery and monitoring progress
- Knowledge of electricity distribution/transmission networks in terms of either their planning, operation or regulation
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Great business acquisition skills and a strong customer focus
- A degree (or equivalent)
Previous experience of managing and leading a team would be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Network Strategy and Transformation Manager, Lead Electrical Project Consultant, Network Strategy and Transformation Project Manager, Electricity Distribution Project Manager, or Lead Engineering Consultant.
- Salary of up to GBP75,000 per annum depending on experience
- Company bonus
- Healthcare benefits, including private medical insurance and an occupational health clinic
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Income protection and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Voluntary benefits scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service awards
- Group-wide subsidised annual Christmas party
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in the success of our consultancy business and support organisations across the globe to harness the industry's latest technologies.
You will have the chance to work at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution and collaborate with a talented team who are world leaders in their field.
Webrecruit and EA Technology are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as our Head of Network Strategy & Transformation, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time