Senior Land Manager
1 day left
Senior Land Manager opportunity within a close-knit regional PLC housebuilder. The main purpose will be to ensure smooth and constant influx of new land opportunities and acquisitions and continue building already healthy land banks with the very real progression to Land Director.
Leading national developer operating in a regional model, catering for the first and second time buyer market in particular. Developing communities in both green and brown field areas, they strive to create homes over houses and place emphasis on the social and environmental outcomes equally with the economic.
They are big on collaborative team working in order to ensure processes are as smooth as possible, and where needs be work together to overcome challenges - the region's emphasis is individual accountability in collaborative setting. To compliment this, they are huge investors in people and are committed to ensuring their staff enjoy a fulfilled career with consistent training and development.
The main focus of this role is to look after the region's land portfolio, maintaining existing relationships and ensuring the region has a consistent flow of new land opportunities and sites coming through. Land is procured through both public and private routes and you will seek to further capitalise on opportunities exisiting relationships present, whilst fostering new ones as well.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identify potential development opportunities through a range of methods, e.g. thorough examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of uses, liaising with agents and utilising an extensive contact base.
- Manage the acquisition of sites, and directly manage a number of acquisitions from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning, through to pre-start on the sites acquired.
- Liaise with relevant divisional departments, e.g. Sales/Technical, and external consultants if required, throughout the land appraisal and bid process, and during planning application.
- Monitor the Division's land database including site registration, development plans and offers submitted
- Maintain and expand the Division's key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners.
- Support the Managing Director with the growth of the Land team, including the articulation of individual's responsibilities, training and development, and the organisation of the department's workload.
- Provide reports to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule including timely and accurate production of Land Packs for authorisation.
This role is more about process than a "little black book" and as such, I'm looking to speak to individuals who are energetic and proactive with outstanding communication skills and stakeholder management.
You will have worked in the identification and acquisition of land previously, and boast an excellent understanding of the land process such that you are able to mitigate any challenges before they arise.
You enjoy getting into the detail, in particular scrutinising legals for any gaps or shortcomings beyond heads of terms.
Ideally you will have purchased land from a range of different sources, both private sale and LA. Most land will be for immediate development however some strategic land experience is also attractive as a feather in one's cap!
This is a fabulous opportunity to join an established and still growing region for a National PLC developer, with the very real prospect of stepping up to Land Director.
You will be joining a close knit team, within land and as a region, who all genuinely get on in and out of work. The MD drives collaboration and is equally concerned around ensuring personality fit as well as competence.
You will receive a handsome starting salary with company car/allowance, pension, private healthcare, annual bonus and handsome land bonuses of <£17,500 per completed deal.