VP of Data
VP of Data
Online Consumer Goods
GBP130-150k DOE plus equity
VP of Data is needed to build out, manage and scale the Data platform for a leading Online Consumer Goods Firm so that they can embed Data everywhere in the business.
This role will bring together all of the relevant insights and data around the company into coherent streams and packaging it.
These decisions will then become critical to becoming a more data-driven business.
The company are listed in the Top Track 100, have an international presence and work with the most modern Tech Stack imaginable:
Think Fivetran, DBT, Snowflake, Looker and Stitch.
Roles of responsibility for the VP of Data include:
- Hire and manage a best in class Data & Analytics team, who will be responsible for Data Warehousing, BI and Analytics tooling.
- Design and execute the data roadmap and strategic vision for information delivery and management
- Use Data Science and Modelling to support strategic Product features including recommendations, dynamic pricing and intelligent inventory management
- Work closely with their Insights department, providing them with the tools and capabilities to scale a consumer-focused department focused on wide market analysis and segmentation
- Helping to scale their entire Data platform, providing easy access to complete and robust Data sets around the company
- Design and build a data processing and management strategy that encompasses the telemetry, vendor reviews and other information collected through their online app at experiences, building data sets
- Design best practices for data processing, Datamodelling and warehouse development through the company, ensuring clean data is readily available
- Implement data governance and integrity programmes, empowering downstream users to make decisions quickly without second-guessing the source and protecting the privacy of their users
- Work closely with Senior stakeholders and leaders within the Product and Technology team, to make sure Data is represented and engaged at all levels of strategy and execution
Essential & Desirable skills for the VP of Data include:
- Hands on commercial experience with modern techs such as Looker/DBT
- Proven experience building out best class Data teams with reputable businesses
- Experience working with fast paced start ups and scale ups who've experienced hyper-growth
- Degree/Masters Educated in Computer Science or related field
Benefits for the VP of Data include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexi and Remote working
- Unlimited holidays
- Monthly activities, annual subsidized trips, discounts
- Excellent scope for career progression
Key Skills: VP of Data/Head of BI/VP of Data Analytics