Group Finance Director
Logson Group is a market leading UK-based group of corrugated packaging companies, employing over 1,000 people and generating £200m+ in revenues. Founded in 2004 Logson has delivered strong growth both organically and through acquisition. Now operating across 17 sites in the UK Logson brings together a unique mix of companies which enables them to offer a full range of corrugated packaging solutions for their customers. Logson Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of W&R Barnett Group.
Logson Group is looking for a Group Finance Director as the incumbent retires in 2021.
The Group Finance Director will lead a lean Group Finance Function, whilst providing support to the Divisional Executives to drive and execute strategy.
- Be the financial steward for the Logson Group, ensuring a healthy balance sheet and that robust financial controls operate within the divisional companies and at Group.
- Be a credible representative for the Logson Group – Both externally (representing Logson with its professional advisers) and internally – managing a transparent relationship with W&R Barnett group, providing quality reports and insightful management information.
- Support the CEO with long term strategy, providing input into major organic growth/capital expenditure plans including rigorous scrutiny and detailed investment appraisal and supporting the Group CEO with acquisitions and integrations.
Both Logson Group and W&R Barnett operate a lean structure where leaders are ‘in the detail’ and take responsibility for delivering exceptional results. We are looking for a Group Finance Director who will work effectively in this culture and will:
- Be a technically astute, professionally qualified Finance Director, with a broad base of experience including group and individual financial reporting, statutory and management accounting, audit, operation of accounting systems, financial controls, company tax, VAT, treasury, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, pensions, insurance, company secretarial and legal work.
- Possess highly developed analytical skills allowing them to offer good judgement based on logic and facts. Hands on corporate finance and acquisition experience (including managing teams of professional advisors), integration and future direction planning is beneficial but not essential.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills. A strong communicator - both verbally and in written presentations and be a credible ambassador for the Logson Group both to W&R Barnett Group and externally to advisors and funders.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners.
M: 07811 976 332
Closing date for applications: Midday 12th February 2021