4 days left
Our client is well established and privately owned real estate business. The company has been operating successfully for over 50 years and has grown to over 20 offices throughout the South East, operating predominantly within real estate and land lead development opportunities. The current CEO of the group joined when it was a single office practice in 1975, maintaining the same key values.
The group’s growth has been into many property related fields and there are very few that the group is now not involved in. One of the areas that has been a key driver has been to diversify into land development, working with developers and national housebuilders to identify and acquire strategic land parcels for residential development.
As part of the company’s ongoing growth plans, they are now looking to recruit a Land Director to lead their land Division.
Company Growth Objectives
- Expand and enhance geographic coverage by opening new offices principally in conurbations where demand is high
- Continue to invest attention to land in areas of high demand in collaboration with developers and national housebuilders, resulting in being appointed as the selling agent for the developments
- Build the right proposition to help grow the land division
- Focus on retention, training and recruitment of people
- Consistently excellent customer experience
- Ensure sufficient resources are available in specialist Head Office teams and robust Group-wide systems are in place to support the expanding network in delivering the growth strategy.
LAND DIRECTOR – THE ROLE
Reporting to the CEO, this exciting new role as Land Director will be responsible for identifying development opportunities across regions where the business is active, as well as new regions where opportunities and demand are strong.
- The Land and New Homes division is made up currently of a team of 5, with further growth expected as the division expands.
- The division has enjoyed consistent success over a long period, having acquired many sites for both local, regional and national developers including sites of up to 17 to 18 acres of strategic land going through the planning process. With more focus and the right candidate, there is a huge growth opportunity to help drive the business forward. This is a key and senior appointment to the Land Development team and critical to the ongoing success of the business.
- The successful candidate will use their established contacts within local authority planning departments, the legal fraternity, architectural practices and the wider land-owning communities to identify potential immediate and strategic residential development sites for the company. They will also benefit from leads that come through the already established network of offices and the Land and New Homes Division.
- The Land Director will work as part of a highly skilled and experienced team and will have genuine autonomy. While Head Office for the land division is in Essex, he/she is expected to fulfill a field based role and can operate out of any of the company’s regional offices if required. They will use their knowledge of the region and accrued development experience to compile, present and ultimately secure new schemes.
- It is expected that this individual will be able to help develop leads from scratch, be pivotal in the management of the process and be a key contributor in its presentation and ultimate success.
- A key element of the role will involve forging and developing successful relationships, both internally with respective colleagues and externally with business partners. The role will involve staying ahead of the competition by being proactively involved in creating new opportunities.
- The chosen individual will have a proven ability to manage the development process (able to co-ordinate team members and external stake-holders alike). They must also ensure that new development schemes fall within the financial and other constraints in line with the business strategy.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful candidates will be able to draw upon a proven track record of setting up development schemes and acquisition of land.
- As well as a strong background in residential or commercial development, applicants might well have qualifications in surveying or town planning, although appropriate experience is more important than qualifications.
- Candidates will possess a real passion for high quality residential development.
This is a dynamic, successful and well respected real estate business. The company benefits from significant resources and experience offered by being part of a well-established Group.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success. There are significant opportunities for the business to develop further.
This exciting and key appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy. The successful appointee will be expected to take a lead role, with the support of the Directors and other colleagues, for the success and development of the business in this rapidly expanding division.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Apply for Land Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly