MSSQL Database Administrator
5 days left
We are looking for a MSSQL Database Administrator to manage the business's SQL Server database environment hosted on Azure. Reporting into the IT Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the day to day operation, performance and integrity of our SQL Server databases as well as providing database support to other staff members.
Launched in 2008, we are the UK's leading and award-winning rewards platform for UK sports. With reward programmes in sports such as Horse Racing, Golf, Cricket, Rugby and Football, we partner with some of the UK's top sport clubs.
Our platform and currency connect clubs to the their fans; fans to brands and sponsors; and retail and betting partners to valuable consumers through rewarding their sporting passion. With almost 2 million sports fans collecting points through their everyday spending with our network of over 4,000 partners, our members have saved over £35 million on advanced ticket sales and merchandise.
- Maintaining and developing the company's SQL Server databases including a data warehouse
- Maintaining and testing our database backup processes
- Monitoring database performance and tuning where necessary
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Communicating effectively with other staff members and hosting / service providers
- Ensuring that the databases are secure and maintaining a high level of security
- Setting and maintaining database permissions and access levels
- Ownership and control of the ETL processes, including maintenance of new business data streams as they arise
- To have a firm understanding of business strategy
- To help to ensure that the information strategy aligns with the business strategy and adds value by providing clarity and focus
- To support analysts to provide data driven initiatives to drive value to support the marketing, commercial and finance functions
The successful MSSQL Database Administrator will understand the intricacies of working within a small IT Department, will be prepared to get involved and help out when needed. This role is either for a senior MSSQL Database Administrator or for somebody who is looking to take that next step in there career and have more ownership of strategy and be involved in technical direction.
This role would be ideal for anybody in the Oldham or surrounding areas, we are easily commutable by car or by public transport. As well as a competitive salary we also have a great benefits package on offer.
In addition to the above, we are on a journey, we have grown considerably and are continuing to grow, we have invested heavily in our Data Platform and have some exciting time ahead of us.
If you would like to be apart of this or find our more, I would be happy to discuss and share more details.