Compliance Manager Europe & Russia
Join a well established company that has grown steadily over the last ten years, the company is still growing and this role is a key hire in the newly established Compliance team structure. Along with other Regional Managers, play a key part in defining, implementing and driving a compliance programme, establishing relationships with key business heads throughout Europe.
This Compliance Manager role sits in the London office of a business which has its Head Quarters in Dubai. The role is a generalist compliance role and will suit someone with broad corporate compliance experience.
The business focuses on logistics and trade internationally, with over 50,000 employees, it operates in more that 60 countries worldwide. The organisation has seen both natural and acquisitive growth, particularly over the last 10-15 years. This growth continues, which means that the successful candidate has a clear path for progression.
The Compliance team is newly formed, with Compliance having been covered across multiple functions before this.
This Compliance Manager role covers Europe and Russia and will involve:
To assist in managing the Group Compliance function and supporting the Group Head of Compliance in structuring policies, processes and best practices, taking account of industry standards and norms. Managing specific compliance issues, supporting the Group Compliance function in ensuring the Group conducts its business at the highest level of integrity and in full compliance with the applicable local and international laws and regulations, as well as the internal Group global policies, professional standards and best industry practice.
- To support and assist in the establishment, development, implementation and oversight of appropriate compliance controls, including but not limited to: a compliance policy, compliance charter, compliance strategy & framework, and compliance processes, that adequately meet the needs of the Group and address its compliance obligations.
- To identify the relevant laws and regulations affecting the Group from a compliance perspective and assist in translating such laws and regulations into compliance policies and processes.
- To monitor compliance with external, applicable regulatory frameworks.
- To monitor compliance with the internal Group global policies, and develop, in coordination with the relevant policy owner, the necessary controls to prevent / mitigate violations of such policies, and specifically undertake periodic reviews of the Group global policy compliance self-certifications by the businesses, and other company compliance programmes e.g. safety, sustainability etc.
- To support the Group Head of Compliance with the review, drafting and provision of advice on a broad range of regulatory and compliance documentation, ensuring all compliance requirements are met within those documents.
- To work with relevant functions and other departments to identify and monitor their existing compliance activities and assist the Group Head of Compliance in determining potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and supporting the development /implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- To assess, identify and maintain appropriate compliance risk identification, measurement and management methodologies; and to identify and document the relevant regulatory and compliance risks within the ERM risk register, and the minimum level of controls to adopt to mitigate these compliance risks
- To act as an ambassador for the company at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with Founder's Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following Code of Conduct and Ethics policies
This Compliance Manager role covers Europe and Russia and requires:
The job holder is a key member of the Group Compliance team and should be able to support on a broad range of compliance and regulatory issues that may be raised by Head Office and Regional Management. The job holder should have prior experience dealing with sophisticated / advanced compliance regimes in highly regulated industries. The job holder will be responsible for supporting and managing critical compliance systems and procedures and reporting to the Group Head of Compliance on the status of such systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level preferred in relevant areas of study (e.g. business administration, finance, law or a related field).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a compliance manager or officer (or a similar role) in a highly regulated industry.*
- Multilingual (Arabic is a plus).
- Certified compliance professional is a plus.
- Highly ethical, principled and diligent with excellent planning skills.
- Highly numerate with a commitment to producing quality work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well-developed planning and organising skills and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Able to work independently and uses own initiative to support other members of the Department.*Candidates with more or less experience who meet the role's criteria and have the relevant technical experience will be considered
Competitive package and excellent package, please enquire for full details.