Head of IT Security
Head of IT Security
A fast growing business based in the Southampton area are seeking an experienced Head of IT Security to join the business to build and lead their IT Security function.
The company are in a period of growth, so this is an excellent opportunity for a strong Head of IT Securityto join the business and have a significant impact on the future growth of the business.
This role is a good opportunity for a Head of IT Security who has hands on technical experience and the ability to build an IT Security function from the ground up.
This is a varied role and as an Head of IT Security you will:
- Work with the CTO to provide direction and leadership for the IT Security team
- Align the security of business systems and data to ensure it meets the needs of the business through sufficient insightful reporting, transparency and governance
- Provide strategic oversight of the Security function
- Establish Security standards and processes and ensure these are adopted across the business and by external providers
- Responsible for line management of the Security function
- Accountable for the Security and integrity of the business systems and data
- Ensure activities of the security team are communicated and coordinated to meet the business needs
- Work with internal teams and third party suppliers to ensure the security of Systems and Data through implementation and maintenance of processes and technologies
- Responsible for ensuring application and system development are secure by design
- Responsible for the integrity of company data, protecting it from malicious or non-malicious activities
- Provide management reports that represent the security posture of the business in a timely, regular and accurate manner
The successful Head of IT Securitywill have:
- 5+ Years' experience in a hands on IT Security role
- Solid working experience of team leadership, management and mentoring
- High level of business acumen and experience in aligning security solutions to business risk
- Experience in work allocation, performance reviews and associated HR administration tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain and broad understanding of the end to end business processes
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the business with focus on senior management/board level communication
The successful Head of IT Securitywill have proven experience within IT Security functions.
The company benefits include: Salary up to GBP100,000, Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday, BUPA Cover, Life and Critical illness cover, Death in Service, High street discounts and more.
To apply for the Head of IT Securityrole please forward your CV to (see below) or call Cameron.