Chief Financial Officer
We're recruiting for an early stage/start-up Hedge Fund. The firm was established in 2016 with a global investment approach. It prides itself on cutting edge, proprietary research tools in order to deliver superior returns.
The role is a first-time appointment. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the finance function and providing key operational and finance support to the partners.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing robust finance, risk management and operational procedures;
- Financial control of the business, including expense and liquidity management;
- Overseeing the budgeting process and preparation of management information;
- Structuring of the firm's funds for regulatory and tax purposes;
- Oversight and co-ordination of the fund reporting, control and administration;
- Co-ordination of the annual audit process;
- Ensuring the firm meets its external reporting obligations on a timely and accurate basis; and
- Leading on operational matters such as those relating to HR, IT, property etc.
It's an excellent opportunity to join a well-capitalised start-up, and there is clear potential for the role to evolve over time. Once a strong working relationship with the founders has been established, the right candidate could also add value to the firm's structuring, execution, marketing & fundraising activities and other areas to the extent they are able to.
The appointee will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and experienced hedge fund CFO or Finance Director. Our client could also consider someone at the Financial Controller level in a hedge fund - the client is open to either level. Attitude and cultural fit will be essential and hedge fund is experience is also essential.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Sean Keyes at Walker Hamill quoting reference SK51218.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.