Chief Finance Officer
Building on the 140 year heritage of the Jamaica National Group, JN Bank UK Ltd is a newly launched UK bank, delivering savings and loans solutions to customers through online channels and our branch. In 2020, we were proud to become the first Caribbean bank to be granted a UK banking licence, building a resourceful and tight-knit team of dedicated professionals. We are now ready to strengthen our senior management team with a CFO who has the energy, vision and ability to help us deliver our growth agenda for 2021 and beyond.
The CFO will be a key member of the executive team, partnering with the CEO to define and drive the strategic direction of the firm. The role holder will have overall responsibility for the finance and treasury functions, determining the structure of the balance sheet within established risk parameters and contributing significantly to the financial performance and success of the bank. The CFO will establish relationships at shareholder level and externally with regulators and other governing bodies and chair various committees. Candidates will have the vision and personal leadership style to drive growth through our next exciting and critical phase.
Candidates must have or be:
- A qualified account (ACA/ACCA)
- A background in a small bank/building society or other financial institution
- Good knowledge of IFRS and experience of working in a regulated environment
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial, yet willing to roll up sleeves to turn goals into reality
- Experience of implementing robust, accurate, real-time accounting systems/processes that integrate with other systems across the firm
- Either the experience or capability to operate at C suite level (may have operated as a strong number 2 until now)
- Be energised by a strong growth agenda with the stamina to achieve it
- Relish the opportunity to build a splendid new bank
- Applicants should be inclusive and share our mutual ethos and values of respect, transparency and commitment to the community we serve
We thank you, in advance, for your application and regret that because of the high volume of applicants, we will contact only successful candidates with further details about this position.