Chief Digital Officer
ABRSM is one of the UK’s leading music education organisations, one of the largest music publishers and the world’s market leader in the provision of, and the setting of the international standard in, music exams, with around 650,000 assessments in more than 90 countries every year.
The organisation has started a digital journey but need to appoint a Chief Digital Officer to build and deliver the future technology strategy.
Reporting directly to the CEO the appointed candidate will work with all functions across the business to drive business critical transformation and change
- Create, communicate and implement a digital and technology strategy for ABRSM.
- Work with the CEO and leadership team to influence business transformation and help ABRSM change the way it operates.
- Ensure that the operational technology services on which the organisation depends are reliable, cost effective, and secure.
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of ABRSM.
- Provide strong leadership to attract and build a collaborative and effective technology team
- Track record of delivering digital/technology strategy in an organisation, and driving change through technology strategy
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to empathise with the history and purpose of ABRSM
- A highly capable, delivery driven IT leader, with strong commercial acumen and experience of change and transformation.
- Able to bring IT rigour, discipline and governance along with clear programme management methodologies in a complex organisation.
This role will suit a CTO/CIO/CDO who wants to make a tangible difference in a not-for-profit organisation and be a part of changing the way ABRSM operates from a commercial perspective.