Interim Head of Risk - US (New York)
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract / Interim
This role reports to the Group Head, Operations and Corporate Functions and is part of the Group Risk function. The Group Risk function covers all aspects of Operational Financial and Strategic risk across the Group giving a unique insight and exposure to all areas of the Group. The Group Risk team is responsible for establishing the framework for the management of all non-financial risks across the Group. The function acts as a close advisor to businesses and is engaged in all key strategic initiatives.
This role represents 2nd Line of defence and is responsible for supporting the oversight of the risk management that is conducted in the Americas region primarily focusing on operations and corporate function but coordinating with other Divisional Heads of Risk for risk activity conducted in this region.
The role will require close liaison with the senior management of operations in the Americas and with the America’s Heads of Corporate Functions as well as attending the key governance committees where applicable.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Oversight and challenge of implementation of the Group’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) in the Operations and Corporate Function’s activities that are performed in the Americas.
- Encouraging best practice and continuous improvement and adherence to the overall Group Risk framework
- Adopting a business partnering approach with key stakeholders across the region
- Key stakeholder management of the senior leadership team in the Americas including 1st line Business Risk Officer/Risk Champion
- Coordinating across the regional risk team and consolidating reporting for relevant business within Operations and Corporate Functions and at Group level and relevant Divisional/Entity fora, where applicable.
- Oversee communication and training in support of policies and processes in the Americas
- Present program results to risk committees, auditors, internal and external stakeholder
- People and performance management.
- Develop strong risk culture and promote awareness
- Experience of having worked in the financial services sector and have some experience in risk/compliance/audit
- Experience of managing risks in global financial services businesses
- Excellent communication skills and be keen to collaborate across the Group, with a global view on problem solving
- Ability to build effective control environment: able to identify and monitor risks and issues
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships at all levels and excellent stakeholder management
Apply for Interim Head of Risk - US (New York)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly