Group Head of Assurance
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Group Head of Assurance (Internal audit, risk and assurance). Working with the Chair of the Audit Committee and Group CFO, you will provide high quality independent and objective assurance activities to the Group and support the Audit Committee in their oversight duties. You will support the Group’s risk management activity and monitoring processes, supporting business units and Head Office functions in the identification of key risks and assessing mechanisms to manage key risk. You should demonstrate significant exposure to and an understanding of a ‘best in practice’ internal audit function.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be an entrepreneurial self-starter who possess excellent analytics and strategic abilities. This position is responsible for the management and development of the Internal Audit team of four direct reports.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Strong influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills up to Board level.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both a strategic and hands-on capacity
- Dynamic and energetic in approach
- Must hold a Drivers license
- Role based in Surrey head office with c.25% travel required
- Commercial outlook and approach
- Big 4 experience in audit but with secondments to get commercial experience