Operations Director (Construction Sector, East Midlands)
1 day left
Our client is a privately owned contracting business that specialises in the Civil Engineering Sector, with a head office in Leicestershire. The business has successfully developed across a range of areas and undertakes works on behalf of national and regional residential organisations within earthworks, groundworks, foundations, hard landscaping, drainage schemes and Infrastructure works/highways.
The business is looking for an experienced Operations Director to organise and oversee the daily operations of the company. The Director will be the one to ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. They must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- A leader, operating as a board member developing and delivering the growth strategy and setting strategic goals
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
- Being ‘hands on’ through site visits to ensure each project is going according to plan in terms of remit, budget and time
- Optimise systems and processes to streamline delivery, whilst not being afraid of change
- Manage compliance with all quality, health and safety and legal requirements
- Recruit, retain and manage a team of project managers, quantity surveyors and other professionals to deliver high performance (currently a team of 18, and growing).
- Work with and assist the Sales & Commercial Director and his/her team, supporting them in securing new business via tender or negotiation
- Responsible for financial performance of construction contracts
- Defining performance management KPI's to monitor operational success against objectives
- Proven Construction industry experience as an Operations Director or equivalent position – could be mainstream Construction, Housebuilding or Civil Engineering industries
- Excellent organisation and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of Industry legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
Please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search. Novo will respond to suitable candidates promptly.
Apply for Operations Director (Construction Sector, East Midlands)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly