Director of Financial Services
Salary: £76,500 salary plus competitive benefits including £5,980 car allowance, 32 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional three days at Christmas, pension and private medical. Location: we are aspire is based in Newcastle Under Lyme, but this role is home based with occasional travel to we are aspire sites.
we are aspire comprises three unique businesses; Aspire Housing, PM Training and Realise charity. Together the group blends commercial expertise with social purpose to revitalise communities by providing homes, training, employment and support. we are aspire is committed to ‘Building Better Futures, by putting People First’, which is achieved through a culture that is ambitious, creative, and collaborative and always striving to work in a smarter, simpler, slicker way.
we are aspire’s ambition and desire to develop a more efficient organisation that better serves its customers led to a review of the finance function and the creation of a new post of the Director of Financial Services who will:
- Support the Executive Director of Finance in leading the day to day management of the finance team, guaranteeing high standards of performance and compliance, robust financial control and ensuring financial stability.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring that the finance function provides a true ‘business partnering’ service to the organisation, and enables Aspire to better serve its customers.
- Improve the quality and speed of monthly reporting and create more meaningful management information packs, supporting better decision making across the group.
we are aspire are looking for a visionary leader who can quickly move the finance function to another level, building on its solid foundations but developing it into a forward thinking, proactive service based on a business partnering approach. Key criteria include:
- A qualified accountant with sharp technical skills and a thorough understanding of robust financial control.
- A confident, dynamic leader who will bring high energy to the team and that can lead others through change.
- Experience of working in a large, complex, regulated organisation, ideally with a social purpose at its core.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
07811 976 332
Closing date for applications: Midday, 2nd February 2021