- High growth QSR leader
- Lead and build the finance function
About Our Client
Drake Food Service International is the largest international franchisee for the Papa John's Pizza brand in the world, operating more than 200+ stores in 5 countries with more than 5000 employees. DFSI holds the exclusive master franchise rights for the Papa John's brand in Chile, Spain, Portugal, Costa Rica and Panama. The Papa John's brand is owned by Papa John's Pizza, Inc, a listed US company.
The company acquired PJ Chile in 2015 with 32 stores and scaled up to 100+ stores in 2019, leading the pizza segment in the market. PJ Iberia started its development as a greenfield project in December 2015 and reached 70+ stores in 2019 in Spain and opening the first store in Portugal that same year. Recently DFSI acquired the ongoing business in Costa Rica and Panama in 2018 and 2019 respectively, expanding it's international footprint.
DFSI have now expanded into the UK market acquiring HRC Pizza Group. The group currently have the largest portfolio of Papa John franchises with 61 across the Greater London area. With huge investment coming in to the organisation they have some exciting growth plans and will look to double in turnover in the next 18 months.
As part of this exciting period DFSI and HRC seek to recruit a Financial Controller.
The role will be split in to two stages with Stage One being implementation and Stage Two running the day to day covering:
- Implementation, preparation and ownership of monthly management accounts and month end reporting
- Ensure that all variances are understood and deliver insightful commentary
- Reporting and monitoring actual departmental costs against budget and identifying efficiencies
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed/reviewed to agreed deadlines
- Management of the Tax processes
- Managing cash and forecasting cash requirements
- Preparing supplier payment runs
- Day to day book keeping
- Leading the year end and audit
- Implementation and maintenance and continual improvement of the controls within the business and managing the financial processes, including discussions with other departments about business controls
- Identify efficiencies in the group structures
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or qualified by experience with 6-10 years in a finance role
- Working language will be English, whilst at least a basic level of Spanish would be highly desirable
- UKGaap and IFRS knowledge
- Leasing accounting or experience from a multi-site environment would be desirable.
- Excellent IT skills, excel and accounting software
- Self-motivated and positive
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Work on own initiative
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with good analytic skills
- SAP Business One experience will be advantageous
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller position comes with a competitive package.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN1220201560313Z