Private Equity CEO
Our client is a high growth, tech-enabled services business, with revenues of c£10m, EBITDA of c£3m and recent investment from a well regarded mid-market private equity house. The business offers a substantial range of stand-alone technology solutions/platforms as well as supporting services. Its client base consists of high profile blue-chip brands with a global presence.
Following PE investment, they are looking to appoint a new CEO to lead the business through its next stage of growth and transformation. The strategy for the next 3-5 years is to treble in size, both organically and through acquisition. This acceleration in growth will be driven by organically growing core revenue from new and existing clients, coupled with ambitiously selling its technology products in the UK and internationally.
There is a significant emphasis on further developing the company’s technology products and ultimately repositioning as a technology led business. This will be a key driver for its continued growth and an opportunity to add significant value at a future exit.
The incoming CEO will pursue the ambitious growth strategy and drive its technology evolution. This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate to lead an already successful business in a growing sector through its next stage of growth, providing a significant wealth creation opportunity in the process.
The core responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Lead all aspects of the business including the P&L, sales, operations, and product development, specifically in the software and data space
- Further develop the business by developing and enhancing its suite of technology products and services
- Achieve financial targets, profitability, hiring and other quantitative goals set by the Board
- Build and elevate the calibre of the team in all functions. Attract and retain top-tier talent by providing the appropriate training, support, and mentorship
- Develop and implement strategic operating plans which reflect the longer-term strategic objectives of the business
- Assist with winning and developing strategic customer relationships
- Communicate accurate forecasting to the Board, providing clear visibility into the pipeline and sales forecasting.
- Develop a dynamic, creative and commercial culture in which people are ultimately accountable
- Establish tangible goals/priorities for performance management
- Be an effective public spokesperson for the company/brand
- Lead by example with regard to driving sales and behaviours
- Ultimately lead the business to a successful exit in 3-5 years’ time
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- CEO / MD experience; ideally within one or more Private Equity backed businesses, you will have run your own P&L in a B2B services, software or technology environment and be able to demonstrate outstanding growth
- Experience of leading a SME or an autonomous SME division of a larger corporate business
- Technically proficient. You will have a strong understanding of technology and the commercial opportunities it can create
- Experience in creating innovative go to market solutions that differentiate, providing a unique customer experience and subsequently drive engagement and customer loyalty.
- International experience would be desirable
- Proven shareholder value creation throughout their career
- Exceptional leadership; leadership will come naturally to you and you will be able to demonstrate building high performing teams
- Change management; you will have led the evolution of either a business or an autonomous division
- Proven ability to lead and manage sales and operational teams; instilling an effective sales culture, driving consistency and quality.
- Experience in strategic planning into new markets and its successful execution
- Track record of attracting, recruiting, retaining, and mentoring world-class talent
Personal Attributes and Values
You will demonstrate:
- An entrepreneurial mentality with high energy and a can-do attitude
- Charisma and leadership; outstanding people management skills. The ability to balance openness and approachability with driving the team for results
- A straightforward, no-nonsense operating style with the ability to make informed decisions quickly
- Being self-assured but with a low ego
- High intellectual horsepower, strategic thinking and an ability to formulate the long term vision whilst also being a strong personal contributor
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute when required
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Being a team player; personable, social, good at building internal relationships. An authentic leader who incites respect from others
- Exceptional EQ
- High energy; competitive and hungry to win
The package consists of a six figure base salary, benefits and a significant equity opportunity. This is a career-defining role which offers significant wealth creation potential.