We're looking for a board-level inspirational Operations Director to work for our Logistics client.
You'll have demonstrable experience of leading a multi-site, field-based operations team to deliver against high performance expectations, embedding a continuous improvement culture and managing the transformational journey across the business.
Reporting to the MD, as the Operations Director you will be primarily responsible for operational strategy and delivery including continuous innovation, transformation and embedding standardisation across acquired companies
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Delivering excellent service at a lower cost, through analysis, financial control and KPI management
- Working with your Senior leadership team in Operations to innovate and deliver operational excellence, employee engagement and transformation
- Keeping customers at the forefront of all activity
- Analysing costs and developing a progressive operational cost to serve model
Applications from across the UK will be considered however a large part of your time will be spent visiting sites across the South, therefore flexibility and a willingness to travel will be required.
The ideal candidate for this Operations Director role will have relevant experience of leading a field-based team to deliver against high performance expectations in a complex environment, embedding a continuous improvement culture and managing the transformational journey.
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- Previous experience working at Director level within a profitable, multi-site supply chain / logistics business, making effective board level contributions to business strategy
- Experience of remotely managing and influencing culture across a field-based workforce across UK & Ireland, successfully leading teams through efficiency programs and lean projects
- Experience inheriting an organisation that has gone through significant recent change
- A drive for process and performance improvement, skilled in implementing vision in a continuously changing environment and pushing self and others for results
- Experience of stockless distribution and/or the FMCG industry a big plus but not essential
You'll need to be a highly influential individual, a dedicated and true team player comfortable leading at all levels and delivering results.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Operations Director, Business Director, Head of Operations, Business Unit Director or as a Director of Operations.
Basic salary: £120,000+ per annum for the ideal candidate.
The business you'll be working for is a leading international logistics business with a highly visible presence across the UK and Europe.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Operations Director role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews. We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role