Head of Capital Management - General Insurance
A global insurance group
As head of capital management you will be responsible for:
- Actively managing the capital position and proactively seek opportunities to optimise capital.
- Lead the annual refresh of the dividend policy
- Lead Stress and Scenario Testing activity on capital and liquidity position and associated Capital and Liquidity Management Action Plan.
- Lead reinsurance strategy and actively manage stakeholder engagement across all interested parties.
- Coordinate the annual approval of the property and casualty reinsurance programmes.
- Drive exploration of alternative, more efficient, reinsurance solutions, working in conjunction with Group Reinsurance.
- Lead the management of investment portfolio and drawing on the guidance and expertise of the UK Chief Investment Officer and his wider team.
- Lead the regular refresh of Strategic Asset Allocation, taking accountant of regulatory requirements and prevailing capital and liquidity positions.
- Deliver insightful MI to Exco / Board on a regular basis (actuals, forecasts and Plan) covering capital and investments.
- Manage the activity of ALCo, and (at the time of writing) the Crisis Action Leadership Team.
- Work closely with the Capital Projects and ALM/Hedging Technical Shared Services to ensure that all outsourced activities are delivered on time, and to fully leverage the capabilities within these teams.
The successful candidate will come from either a treasury, finance or risk background, with extensive experience of balance sheet and capital management. Knowledge of general and reinsurance products are a must.
An exciting and commercial career opportunity in a global insurance group. This role can be done from home with a small amount of UK travel.