Rare opportunity to join a housebuilding giant in their established West Midlands region leading from the front as Technical Director. You will play a critical part of their wider business mission to overhaul quality holistically, across internal operations and communication, as well as the day job of building quality homes.
National PLC operating a regional model. One of the UK's most established developers, operating a tightly run ship with exceptional efficiency. The region and wider business are currently focusing on improving quality of their operations all round, and want to develop cohesive regional boards, building better communications between disciplines, external stakeholders and customers. Their West Midlands region is one of there busiest, and they have a diverse portfolio, catering to a wide market.
Joining as Technical Director you will be responsible for ensuring that the Technical team are performing as required in line with business KPI's.
- Managing the technical team and provide coaching, training and technical advice to the regional team.
- Setting KPI's and reporting to board at bi-monthly meetings.
- Support other function heads with technical information as required and ensure the flow of information is both timely and accurate.
- Implementation of the regional Key date/ critical time path plans from pre development purchase to initial unit legal completions.
- Value engineering of all schemes produced, to secure cost savings and construction time without compromising quality.
- Assistance in the production of regional annual budgets.
- Close control of the departmental and regional overheads.
- Support the wider business objectives.
I'm looking to speak with Engineering biased individuals, who have enjoyed an extensive experience working for a residential developer, looking for a new challenge or a step up into senior management. You must have a comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects and and intricate understanding of processes to move schemes forward without hesitation.
Excellent communication is a must, as is enthusiasm and passion for the industry. You still enjoy the day job and are happy to roll your sleeves up and get fully involved, positioning yourself very much as one of the team. You aspire to lead from the front and want to inspire the next generation.
You have a first time right approach and are intent on ensuring quality throughout all stages. An ability to thrive under pressure is key in this fast past industry, and you find delight in resolving various challenges as they present themselves.
As Technical Director you will receive a competitive starting salary, commensurate with your experience. There is a generous package on offer, which includes a company car/car allowance, annual performance related bonus, private healthcare, pension and 25 days annual leave +bank holidays. Moreover, you will be joining a business on the pinnacle of positive transformation, a play a key part in ensuring the future success of the business.