Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport)
Transport Continuous Improvement Manager for a high regarded Logistics Provider
National role with a chance to make an impact on a prestigious contract
My Client is within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector, they are a highly regarded Logistics provider. This is a national role which can be based anywhere; ideally in the North.
The Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport) will:
- Develop and deliver a Continuous Improvement strategy
- Adopt a prioritised approach to identify opportunities to deliver improvement to health and safety, quality, cost and service.
- Provide management, expertise, collation and guidance on all Continuous Improvement projects and activities.
- To manage the Continuous Improvement projects for all designated operations in order to provide broader business benefit and a centralised focus
- Assist with Continuous Improvement proposals, coordinate and monitor progress. Utilise Value Stream Mapping and coordinate with Operations/Contracts Managers to establish process Improvements
- Liaise with the General Manager, Head of Transport and Senior Management team to identify and achieve pre-determined target savings.
- Capture and co-ordinate all current Continuous Improvement projects and establish a reporting method for these projects
The Successful Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport) will have exposure to the following:
- Experienced in the deployment of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Exposure to run a full Value stream map of all process and identify areas for lean initiatives
- Presentation skills and the ability to deliver CI training
- Project Management tools & techniques
- Proven practical application and development of Quality / Lean tools in retail environment
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of managing change in a challenging environment
- You will be process orientated, with a track record of implementing process improvements and controls within a supply chain environment
- You will have experience of working closely with clients and developing effective working relationships
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, in order to optimise Transport performance
- This is a national role that will require travel and flexibility or could be based anywhere but ideally North West or North East
The successful Continuous Improvement Manager (Transport) will receive:
Salary - £55,000 - £60,000
Private Health Care
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays