Director - Cloud Implementation & Data Analytics - Public Sector
Major UK Government Department requires an Enterprise Cloud Solutions Director to enhance / transition its data platform services to a Cloud hosted solution. The programme of work involves a large and complex Data Analytics estate which has large number of data pipelines moving, messaging and transforming data between various data stores. Experience of working with national Government Departments / Agencies is essential.
Major UK Government Department
You will be pivotal in leading and building a logical data warehouse using data virtualisation to expose the legacy data warehouses and new data stores to wider Government department data consumers. Existing team members include Technical PMs / Analysts, Solution Architects, Product Owners, Data Engineers and QA/Test but you will be required to recruit / manage budgets in order achieve key objectives.
Fundamental to the project will be the design and build of ETL/ELT and Data streaming services to ensure data is available in various data warehouses and lakes for consumption by different exploitation business services and enable Data Management, Governance and Data sharing.
- Experience working with and leveraging the benefits of AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud hosted services
- Experience working with ETL and ELT tools; namely Pentaho Data Integrator and/or Talend to design, create, deploy and operate enterprise services focusing on re-use, consistency and performance
- Experience Data Modelling and creation of physical models conformant with Enterprise Data Model and organisation standards
- Creating performant and resilient ETL/ELT jobs and Data Messaging pipelines for a large enterprise
- Supporting 24x7 Data Acquisition and Data Preparation services
- Experience working with Databases
- Experience working with Data Messages Queueing technologies, preferably Kafka
- Test driven development with Business Intelligence services including use of Continuous Integration environments
- Automated and Performance testing of ETL / ELT and Data Messaging services
- Experience of customer facing issue and incident resolution
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation and a knowledge base
- Working safely within our UK based secure engineering environments at SC level
- Experience using Metadata and information Management solutions
- Experience using and administering Data Virtualisation solutions, preferably Denodo
- Experience with Red Hat Linux
- Experience working with large databases and data lakes
- Experience working with public sector organisations
Opportunity to work on a major Government Data Transformation programme
Opportunity to deliver new Cloud based solutions