Head of Tax – In-House, Insurance
A global Lloyd’s and general insurance group are seeking to appoint a Head of Tax in a newly created role due to on-going international expansion. This is a strategic position that has two direct reports, a tax manager and VAT accountant.
The group has both Lloyd’s and general operations, with activity in over 150 jurisdictions and a recent acquisition streak, this is an extremely exciting time to be joining the business.
- Manage the group’s tax risk globally, ensuring tax compliance for the UK and overseas jurisdictions
- Manage tax reporting including deferred tax (IFRS and local GAAP)
- Advise the business on up-coming changes to legislation that could have an impact on operations, such as the Lloyd’s Brussels move
- Manage the relationship with external advisors and tax authorities e.g. HMRC
- Review the VAT compliance process with the VAT Accountant to ensure tight controls
- Overall responsibility for the submission of Lloyd’s syndicate tax returns
- Act as part of the senior Finance Leadership tea, developing the wider finance function with “skilling up” of tax knowledge
- ACA/CTA or qualified-by-experience with good exposure to the Lloyd’s insurance market
- Proven UK corporate tax experience, preferably with exposure to VAT and international tax
- Good experience of dealing with third-party suppliers
- Confidence, good communication skills and the desire to be a strong leader within the group.