6 days left
Global manufacturer are looking for an Operations Director to lead a site transformation project. The project will look at culture, processes, equipment, resources and interactions between stakeholders and the wider business.
Long standing manufacturer based in Wiltshire. A semi complex manufacturing process which produces a wide range of well known brands and labels. The company are currently going through a state of flux and need a strong leader to help them reach their potential.
The role of the Operations Director is to assess the current state of the manufacturing facility including people, processes, challenges and opportunities. After an initial hands on approach to gain a full appreciation of the current situation you will then begin implementing your own ideas and strategy for short , medium and long term improvements to deliver sustained success.
- The Operations Director will need to be a driving force and a strong representation of the production facility in wider business discussions.
- You will generate an improved culture, improving staff morale and engagement through strong leadership, coaching and development.
- Introduce a culture of continuous improvement, new manufacturing techniques and process improvements
- Assess where there is opportunity to invest in capital equipment and remove manual labour costs.
- Improve communication with the wider business functions.
- Improve raw materials stock control and management.
- Improve process flow.
- Deliver on the corporate objectives. Safety, Quality, Service, Delivery, Cost, People.
- Control and report on any variance of defined costs in line with an agreed budget.
- Lead cost reduction and waste elimination initiatives in the operations process.
The Operations Director will require:
- Significant experience in a senior manufacturing position , preferably within an FMCG or Automotive environment
- Strong people management skills
- Strong understanding of manufacturing improvement techniques
- Ideally 6 Sigma Black belt
- Ideally a degree in Engineering or other manufacturing related qualification
- Ideally qualification in people management
- Proven track record of manufacturing performance improvements
- Ability to coach and develop skills within your teams
- Ability to improve relationships with stakeholders
- Commercial acumen and excellent customer service skills
- Determined and assured approach to business change
Competitive salary and a very clear career path for a successful candidate to quickly move into VP of Operations position