IT Implementation Project Manager - Tech & Business Change
Reporting to the Head of IT Projects, with responsibility for a large team of subject matter experts, system implementation managers and specialists. The role holder will be required to work with members of the operational teams, branch staff and functional Heads to deliver change and project objectives.
A highly successful and acquisitive business. They are market leaders in their sector and have a substantial financial backing to continue their growth trajectory for many years to come.
This role would suit an accomplished Project Manager who wants to step into a Programme role. Strength of character and inspiring leadership qualities will be key.
This role is responsible for the programme and project management of all IT and technical system implementation objectives. Delivering risk and dependency management while ensuring the safe transition of services between systems and solutions through clear governance and communication.
- Deliver clear and comprehensive project plans that manage all areas of system transition and solution deployment.
- Set project goals and come up with plans to meet those goals
- Maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports
- Managing resources for projects, such as computer equipment and employees
- Coordinating project team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities
- Using project management tools to track project performance
- Conducting risk assessments for projects and milestones
- Organizing meetings to discuss project goals and progress
- Manage system implementation governance meetings and communication strategies.
- Build and manage teams of high performing technical change and project managers that deliver systems and enhanced operational process change to various departments.
- Deliver clear and responsive programme and project plans relating to system implementation objectives, including dependent departments and impacted areas of operation (i.e. changing payroll and invoicing schedules etc.)
- Manage and report on project / programme milestones, budget and risks on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage robust RAID and Change processes for use across the programme
- Continually review the implementation process and make improvements where possible
- Keep a focus on sustainability of change and how to ensure the adoption of systems, process and benefits
- Attend workshops, conferences and user groups for advanced knowledge gathering on industry specific systems, processes and applications
- Train and mentor staff on project management methodology
- Work with L&D and E-Learning Development Team monthly to develop training and deployment tools for business systems and applications
- Help design deployment guides for training on all current and new systems
- Confident and natural leader with an inspiring quality
- Capable of creating robust project plans while taking risks and dependencies on board
- Excellent operational problem-solving skills with a flexible mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Logical and efficient with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to lead meetings and give coherent and confident presentations to colleagues and external stakeholders as needed
- Ability to focus teams on strategic goals while accomplishing tactical delivery of change
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to maintain pleasant relationships with colleagues, direct reports and upper management at all times even during high stress incidents and periods
- Generous salary of between £50,000-£60,000 + pension, annual leave and wider package
- Significant career progression opportunities
- Work for an very fast paced and dynamic organisation
- The role will require 20-30% travel but is home based during covid. After this the role is Manchester based
- Healthcare background highly regarded