Head of Procurement and Purchasing
7 days left
You will lead the function to ensure continuous supply through the relationships between the business and suppliers of raw materials and engineering services.
My client is a listed organisation with over 400 valued employees across multiple international facilities. It supports a diverse customer base with it's highly engineered, technical and often safety critical products.
- Manage the commercial relationship between the company and its raw material, engineering, capital projects and other services suppliers.
- Identify the key raw materials and services used by the business and establish and/or maintain long term strategic partnerships with these suppliers.
- Ensure there are measures in place to deliver continuity of supply.
- Represent Purchasing in cross function projects developing new products, new methodologies for manufacturing as dictated by company direction.
- Seek out opportunities to deliver best in class Procurement excellence delivering maximum return to the business in terms of Cost, Quality and Delivery.
- Monitor non-conformances of raw materials and services and negotiate with suppliers' commercial solutions to the non-conformance, overseeing the full lifecycle of the process including returns, reprocessing, credit notes etc.
- Achieve a lowest total cost position with suppliers by tendering/competitive benchmarking and negotiation where multiple, suitable suppliers exist.
- Supply chain development. Working with suppliers to develop their businesses to better meet our needs.
- Measurement of departmental success through the introduction, recording, use and review of key performance indicators.
- Ensure adherence to and maintenance of purchasing controls and procedures.
- Ensure raw material, engineering and other services suppliers meet the requirements of customer and independent, external validated systems.
As the Head of Procurement and Purchasing, you will have a proven track record of leadership in a similar role within a manufacturing environment. You will be able to form collaborative relationships with suppliers in order to get the best results for all parties as well as able to build strong relationships with the internal stakeholders within the business.
Ideally, you will be qualified to CIPS level 3/4 and hold a relevant degree level qualification. You will be a strong negotiator and able to manage contracts and RFQ's.
Selection criteria will include:
- Leadership of a Purchasing or Procurement function managing multi-million pound spends across categories such as chemicals, polymers, resins and general consumables linked to engineering and manufacturing environments
- A working knowledge of working with highly regulated customers and products
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience of dealing with legal contracts/supplier terms and conditions
- Experience in global sourcing
As well as a salary of up to c£65,000 DOE, you will have the opportunity to join a high performing business with a strong vision and purpose.