Project Director - EV Charging
Project Director - London
Our client, a sustainable infrastructure solutions provider working in the EV space, is looking to onboard an experienced and motivated Project Director. This is permanent role paying £80,000 plus benefits per annum.
Your new company
Our client manufactures, installs, owns, and operates EV charging and smart infrastructure solutions. Their mission is to enable a fast and sustainable transition to EV and support the development of smart mobility solutions.
As a scale-up, our client requires their team to seamlessly adapt and evolve as the business grows and responds to opportunities.
Their people need to thrive in ambiguity, solve problems independently, love working within small teams, and be self-starters focussed on customer outcomes. We want people who can quickly pivot and adopt new approaches, whilst sustaining a focus on delivering value and meeting deadlines.
Your new role
The role is diverse in nature and as such you will be required to turn your hand to a variety of tasks. As Project Director you will be charged with leading the delivery of our client's project pipeline and you must be passionate about managing infrastructure projects.
- Be capable of managing the successful implementation of strategies and plans to manage contractors, consultants, and to best meet business needs - now and in the future.
- Lead and manage the project delivery team within the UK and internationally, building on the existing delivery and contract strategy to ensure project outcomes and KPI are met
- Manage planning and develop forecasts to enable resources (internal and external) and inventory to be procured, organised and managed to ensure delivery success and optimise value outcomes.
- Develop and implement delivery strategies and plans focused on key smart infrastructure scenarios including on-street, new build, and private landlord opportunities
- Prepare project briefs for review and approval by COO/CEO
- Support the generation of repeat business, winning new work and developing business opportunities.
- Support the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions
To be successful in the role of Project Director you will need to demonstrate your ability to solve problems, be self-driven and solutions orientated.
- Have led the development and operation of an infrastructure project delivery function within an asset owner or contractor environment e.g. multi utility service company, including recruiting and managing project staff, as well as implementing management processes and systems
- Extensive client-side, IDNO, or ICP infrastructure project management experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of electronic vehicle charge point infrastructure systems with an emphasis on on-street projects, residential, and commercial developments
- Good understanding of public sector procurement frameworks, processes and requirements
- Degree qualified in project management (or construction related). Electrical/EV background advantageous
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body e.g. CIHE or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- NEC3 accredited
- Experience working in a start-up / scale-up environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Director to join an award winning and rapidly growing company. With aspirations to be extraordinary in making a difference, they are mission-driven and highly engaged in the delivery of smart mobility solutions.
If this sounds like the role for you, please give us a shout in the office or apply with your CV.