Interim Head of Health and Safety and Facilities Management
Our client, a specialist provider in their field, have asked us to recruit for a Head of Health and Safety and Facilities Management to join their team on an interim basis.
This role reports to board level and as such your insight, foresight, knowledge of H&S, and ability to identify challenges and bring effective short and long-term solutions is essential to ensure that H&S is prioritised, and in-line with legislative requirements, across this part of the business
- Develop an understanding of the current H&S and FM programme
- Establish all areas for improvement, and build a plan to ensure and uphold compliance with internal policies, standards, procedures andrelevant external regulatory requirements with respect to Quality, Statutory and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements*
- Delivery of risk management solutions may either be as part of a risk management assignment or in cooperation with a wider Company project
- Assess and strengthen the H&S auditing, action tracking and reporting
- Assess building / site condition, across the various sites identify areas where improvements are needed
- As part of the plan establish all capital project and maintenance contracts/contractors to ensure they are in compliance with national, local /CVFS/CVR standards, and ensure individuals have local responsibility to maintain
- Identify and manage contractors as required
- Establish a process to monitor and achieve performance metrics and Service Level Agreements; managing performance to ensure compliance with the contract terms
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements and innovations to improve customer service levels and deliver cost savings
- A strong background in H&S and Facilities Management within operational environments and/or manufacturing/workshop experience.
- Ability to think and act strategically. Initiate and engage in long-term planning and experienced in business requirement analysis to develop and deliver a change plan
- Internally and externally Customer focused and able to demonstrate an understanding of external customer relationship/ contract requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to successfully interact with managers at all levels.
- Ability to manage internal relations with site base.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge across multiple Facilities Management disciplines.
- Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance.
- Technical expertise to communicate and manage complex, technical issues. Can translate technical data, see basic relationships and articulate key messages.
- Understanding of the regulatory standards which apply to Workshop premises, Fleet Operations, and Commercial facilities in the areas of FM, health, safety, environment and quality.