Head of Data Engineering - Contract - Fintech Consultancy
Head of Data Engineering - Fintech Consultancy - City
6 Months / £700 - £750 PD outside IR35
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a market leading Fintech who seeks a highly skilled Head of Engineering / Head of Data to transform their strategy, process and platforms. This is a senior leadership role from both a technology and business perspective. This is a data driven organisation and the Head of Data Engineering will focus across Data Science, Data Warehousing and Data Driven Infrastructure.
- The primary responsibility will be to define and deliver company wide data strategy and overall data capabilities.
- Lead and inspire data and engineering teams
- Ensure data meets regulatory obligations (as their clients are within FS)
- As a thought leader introduce new technologies, initiatives to improve the performance of data within the organisation
- Hands on delivery of projects and strategic outcomes
- Experienced leading large engineering teams with a focus on data e.g. data science, data warehousing, data driven infrastructure
- Experienced within a senior leadership role, delivering change and transformation programmes within a highly regulated environment
- Identification of training / development needs and implementation of training where required
- Experienced within an Agile environment
- You understand the value of metrics and can demonstrate how you have used these in the past to optimise teams, processes and systems
- SaaS / DaaS experience is highly desirable