Data Manager (Anti-Money Laundering)
The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) is charged with the responsibility for maintaining the stability and integrity of the monetary and financial systems of Hong Kong.
The HKMA currently embarks on a multi-year Digitalisation Programme that cuts across multiple functions, including banking and anti-money laundering supervision, financial stability surveillance, research and investment, with the aim of using technologies and data science to help us identify emerging risks and trends in a more forward-looking manner.
There is now an excellent opportunities for eligible candidates to apply for the following position to work under the Digitalisation Programme:
Data Manager (Anti-money Laundering)
- Support the acquisition and development of appropriate data and technology solutions, including evaluation, selection and implementation of solutions and software tools relating to anti-money laundering supervision
- Engineer data architecture and solution architecture, including data management and structure design, process improvement on digitalisation needs, solution development, business intelligence integration and advanced analytics implementation
- Contribute to and participate in the development of enterprise data catalogue, data governance framework and policies, and data science best practice
- Assist in developing industry standards on data capture, storage and reporting in consultation with relevant industry sectors
- Assist in driving the digitalisation and transformation agenda, including the adoption of data analytics and risk analysis
- Support transformation towards a more forward-looking and data-driven culture
- Design and deliver the analytics skill development plan for internal staff
- University degree in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, business or related disciplines
- Higher degree in data science / analytics or related disciplines an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in practicing and delivering data science / analytics initiatives, and in system development; experience in anti-money laundering, regulatory compliance, internal audit or related fields a plus
- Experience in using data governance tools (e.g. Collibra, Alation, Apache Atlas), and in extract-transform-load / data lake / machine learning / natural language processing / graph analytics an advantage
- Technical proficiency in data science-related software and tools, such as databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL), business intelligence (e.g. Tableau) and programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Good understanding of data and solution architectures, infrastructures and analytics
- Self-motivated, capable of working under pressure and creative
- A good team player with good analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
Conditions of service
- Successful candidate will be appointed on fixed contract terms.
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered. There is flexibility to take account of additional experience and qualifications.
- Fringe benefits include medical and dental benefits, paid annual leave and contract-end gratuity.
How to apply
You may submit job applications via one of the following channels:
1. Online application
2 .By Mail
Send in the hard copy application form (available either at the HKMA’s reception counter or website http://www.hkma.gov.hk) to:
Hong Kong Monetary Authority
55/F., Two International Finance Centre
8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
Copies of transcripts together with a full resumé including details of past experience should be attached to the application. Please mark your correspondence address and the position applied for on the envelope.
Completed application should reach the HKMA by 5 December 2020. Applicants should ensure their applications reach the HKMA via the designated submission channel(s) well before the stated closing time, taking into account circumstances such as internet delay or file size restriction. Those not contacted by the HKMA within three months from the close of application should consider their applications filed for future reference.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. You may contact the Recruitment Officer at the above address.
The HKMA is an equal opportunities employer. More information on the HKMA can be found at the website http://www.hkma.gov.hk.
The Online Application System is scheduled to perform regular system maintenance from Hong Kong time 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. every Wednesday. During this time, online application will not be available.