Analyst | Corporate Finance Advisory
5 days left
I am currently partnered with a Corporate Finance Advisory who are looking to add an Analyst to their team.
My client specialises in pension scheme covenant advice the business portray themselves as a corporate finance advisory compared to their competitors in the covenant advisory space as you could be supporting scheme valuation negotiations on one day, and advising on the scheme impacts of a corporate transaction the next.
In 2019 alone, they advised several schemes with high-profile sponsors, including M&A activity and distress scenarios.
Analysts look after a number of clients, advising them through ongoing and project-based work. This typically involves analysing financial statements, management forecasts, and pension scheme information.
What the company does:
- Credit analysis: most day-to-day project work involves in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial results, credit research reports, broker notes and forecasts, market sentiment, industry reports, and other company-specific news, to finally conclude on the overall creditworthiness of a company or group in relation to its pension creditor.
- Corporate deal advisory: this naturally extends into corporate transaction advisory, where they assess and rate the impact of a corporate event (such as M&A, refinancing, restructuring, etc.) on the company's, or group's, creditworthiness, and actively support negotiations to maintain or improve the creditor's access to funds after the fact.
- Regulatory intervention advice: TPR actively engages with UK DB schemes, using its powers to protect scheme members' benefits. They work with trustees and company management to: i) identify and mitigate the risk of regulator intervention; and ii) ensure compliance with TPR enforcement actions
Responsibilities of the role:
- Financial statement analysis, including:
- Identifying and explaining trends in profit and loss statements;
- Calculating free cash flow for affordability assessments; and
- Assessment of balance sheet strength and competing creditors
- Market and industry research to identify key risks
- High-level analysis of actuarial valuations (no previous actuarial knowledge required)
- Critical analysis of management forecasts
- Draft reports in PowerPoint and Word (of above analysis)
- Day-to-day project management, including ownership of invoicing, calendar management, and meeting administration
- Monitor news-feeds and alerts for personal portfolio of clients
- Prepare pitch documents and, on occasion, presenting at pitches
- Present analysis to external stakeholders, including senior management teams at sponsors and trustee boards
- Record information from meetings, with both internal teams and external stakeholders
- Build relationships and communicate with other advisors,
- Relevant professional qualification; ACA, CFA, FIA (will consider CFA level II)
- Confident understanding of accounts
- The ideal candidate will have advisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Leadership capabilities
- Adaptable work style
Salary Circa: £50k-£56k + bonus (depending on experience and would consider candidates above with relevant experience)
Please get in touch if you would like to know more.
Apply for Analyst | Corporate Finance Advisory
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly