EMEA Head of Treasury Operations Assistant Treasurer
The primary role purpose relates to management of Treasury Operations which can divided into two distinct aspects: (1): Oversight and management of the centralised EMEA Treasury Operations function; (2): Global Process Owner for Treasury Transformation Project (TTP).
In addition, the role also includes the management of EMEAs Investment accounting and reporting function which also includes secretarial responsibilities of related committees such as the Investment Committees and Finance, Capital and Credit Committee.
- European Treasury is a Key Regional shared service centre within the Global Treasury Operation. A restructuring of Global Treasury last year started with a segregation of Corporate Treasury and Treasury Operations.
- The focus of this role is Treasury Operations with a reporting line into the Global Head of Treasury Operations (also EMEA Treasurer) who is based in London.
- Key objectives of the Global Treasury restructuring are to allow us to implement a Global Treasury system infrastructure, a consistent target operating model, and to position Treasury to support the business with innovative digital and real time payment and collection solutions.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Treasury Operations, the role will provide daily and strategic oversight of Treasury Operations for the EMEA region.
- The role will be responsible for recommending and implementing new treasury process improvements as well as enhancing existing processes.
- The position will also support our internal business partners to ensure that their new payment and collection solutions are delivered in line with best practice, utilises our core Treasury system infrastructure, and is in accordance with our global strategy.
- The role will oversee the Treasury Transformation Delivery Manager in order to ensure that European and Global Treasury projects are delivered in line with plan with a key emphasis on maintaining a standard model.
- The role will also oversee the EMEA Treasury Operations Manager to ensure that the day to day payment services are delivered in line with SLA, and to also ensure we optimise liquidity management and maximize cash investment. This includes oversight of our offshore Treasury Operations SSC.
- Effective change management is also key to our restructuring and our Treasury Ops Change Manager will also report into this position.
Investment Accounting and Reporting:
- Management of EMEA Investment and Reporting function to ensure business as usual requirements are delivered in accordance with documented timescales for both internal and external reporting purposes.
- Liaise as required with internal investment advisory service, Asset Management, external investment managers and custodians as needed.
- Contribute as required in the data provision for capital modelling purposes, both Standard Formula and Internal Model and participate in Internal Model Steering Committee.
- Organise meetings and papers for Investment and Finance Capital and Credit Committees.
- Perform various other reporting tasks including Treasury related expense management, cash flow reporting and other ad hoc support for the Treasurer.
- Drive automation and process improvement where possible.
Work with the Head of Global Treasury Operations to lead, develop and implement the target operating model for Global Treasury Operations
- Drive the delivery of Treasury strategy and policy & also support othernbusiness strategic initiatives
- Influence and lead internal business partners to allow us to deliver payment/collection solutions in line with our Treasury infrastructure and strategy
- Provide Leadership to TTP implementations on a Global scale ensuring that European Treasury becomes the SME
- Drive initiatives to innovate payment and cash management practices. Maintain awareness of banks' advances in technology and other Treasury related technical advances
- Manage and develop direct reports and support the Treasury Operations Manager to develop the team
- Lead the offshore Treasury team to ensure they provide payment services in line with SLA and to also optimise Liquidity Management for the Region
- Manage Investment Reporting and Accounting function for both internal and external customers
- Provide all investment and Treasury related data for capital modelling purposes and participate in Internal Model Steering Committee
- Liaise with Asset Management, external investment managers, custodians and accounting service provider
- Manage Treasury related Committees (Investment, Finance, Credit and Capital)
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.