Head of Software Engineering
Head of Software Engineering
An award winning, UK Leading GovTech organisation are looking for a talented, passionate and dedicated Head of Engineering to join our Product, Services and Technology leadership team.
Founded by engineers, they are currently going through an exciting growth phase within both our Fivium Digital & SaaS divisions, and are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering with a passion for leading talented agile development & ops teams (focussed on delivering technical excellence) to join them on the next stage of our evolution as they scale up to become a significant player in the GovTech market.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of managing, nurturing and coaching agile development teams and their managers. As a senior technologist, the ideal candidate will also have great commercial awareness, demonstrable experience of scaling up sustainable development teams, a solid track record of hiring future stars and a proven instinct to spot innovation opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented Product, Services and Technology leadership team and significantly shape the future of a major player in the GovTech / SaaS market.
- Taking full ownership of the development team's culture.
- Being the development team's representative on the Product, Services and Technology leadership team and Fivium's wider extended leadership team.
- Hiring, retaining, succession planning and developing the development team's career ladder
- Managing the development, ops, scrum master and QA teams and coaching line managers
- Excellent communication and senior stakeholder management skills
- Balancing complex trade-offs between product development & future product innovation
- Identifying opportunities for improving in design, testing, implementation and ops
- Introducing new initiatives, methodologies and efficient ways of working and managing their associated change
- Extensive experience in a senior software engineering role preferably gained within an enterprise software vendor
- Demonstrable experience in hiring and retaining high performing developers and managers
- Excellent understanding of agile development practices, lean principles and how to apply these to a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in a SaaS company
- Good understanding of Java (or other modern tech stacks), the UK government's Technology Code of Practice and its Service Standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/MSc Degree in a STEM subject preferred
- Strong and demonstrable leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Experience working with, and managing, stakeholders and customers with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can do" attitude
- Extremely well organised with an ability to handle and digest large amounts of information from a variety of sources
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep your team motivated to deliver against tight
If interested please click on apply.