Strategic Projects Director
5 days left
Parkinson Lee Executive Search have been selected as the retained partner to a high growth, leading, global technology business in the appointment of a Strategic Projects Director to be based in their South Yorkshire Head Office.
With a turnover of circa £40 million, and significant buy and build growth plans, our client employs over 300 staff globally. They design and deliver technologies that support critical business assets around the globe within the Water, Broadcast, Power, Oil & Gas, Transport and Power Industries. The technology provides their clients with trusted insights to make business critical decisions for the advancement of productivity, safety and security.
Due to their continued success an opportunity now exists for a Strategic Projects Director. Reporting directly into the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for leading, motivating, managing and developing the Project Management function and have overall responsibility for the timely and quality delivery of a broad range of projects for clients and across the business.
The company have a number of ongoing projects which you will be required to lead on, having a key impact to ensure these projects are delivered successfully working closely with the clients to make improvements, suggest changes and review time frames and costs.
Core responsibilities include:
- Build and manage a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Lead the organisation through strategic change and transformation initiatives
- Manage new global business integrations via M&A
- Ensure all projects are delivered to time, quality and budget requirements
- Design and deploy (based on industry best practice) appropriate delivery frameworks and solid project governance across all functions ensuring alignment to ISO9001 & ISO27001 standards
- Provide deep analysis of the programme/projects schedule and ensure it is robust, coherent and optimised
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with varied and multiple stakeholders, across geographic boundaries, in order to ensure the success of the projects and strategic initiatives
- Lead, inspire and empower a growing team of project managers and the wider PMO and product teams, providing mentorship, direction and oversee the prioritisation of work
- Provide continuous improvement (ITIL) and implement and maintain CI best practices in the PMO and product teams
The Strategic Project Director should be able to demonstrate the following work experience:
- A successful track record of building and managing a Project Management Office (PMO)/Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Demonstrable experience working in and with different countries and cultures, ensuring local customs, cultures and delivery approaches are considered and appropriate people engagement is applied
- Demonstrable experience delivering large projects and programmes with appropriate delivery methodologies
- Delivery of business/group wide change and transformation programmes aligned to defined strategic initiatives
- Experience in M&A including managing integrations
- Thorough experience of building strong relationships with key stakeholders and leading in complex environments
- Experience in building and developing successful teams
- Ideally some experience of working within the IT software or Technology industries
The successful candidate will be a proven senior projects leader with a demonstrable track record of developing, organising and leading a well organised programme office. You should be a strong communicator and decision maker with the inter personal skills and gravitas to influence stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally with customers.
You will be a graduate and possess project management qualifications/Training/Experience/Knowledge to include:
- AGILE (Scrum, Kanban etc)
- PMP (PMBOK) or APM
- P3O (building successful Project Management Offices)
- ITIL v3/v4 qualified or experience.
- Experience/delivery of ISO standards (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO27001)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a globally recognised brand at an exciting time to lead on and deliver multi-million pound projects coupled with developing a first class Project Management Team. For a confidential a discussion about this appointment please contact Lee Bhandal at Parkinson Lee or apply via this advert.
Apply for Strategic Projects Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly