UK Tax Manager (Partnership)
Totum is working with a Magic Circle Firm which is looking to recruit a UK Tax Manager on a thee month FTC whilst it continues an ongoing recruitment process for a permanent fixture. Remotely managing a Tax Consultant and reporting into the Partners Finance Controller, the role forms part of the Partners Affairs and Tax Team and will be based in the London offices. Whilst current Covid-related restrictions are in place this will be a home-based role, but the firm would ideally like to find someone within commutable distance to the London office.
The key responsibilities to the role are as follows:
- Manage the preparation of the main UK LLP's Worldwide 'Trading Income' Income Tax computation (profits c.£400m+), for submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Manage the preparation of UK tax computations for various other UK and non UK Partnerships.
- Manage the preparation of corporate tax and other returns for the LLP's subsidiary corporate entities.
- Advising senior stakeholders across the business on key tax considerations impacting commercial decisions .
- Key role in year-end closing process, including preparation of Deferred Tax calculations.
- Capital Allowance work.
- Oversight of completion of quarterly VAT returns and European Sales List (ESL) returns (through Brexit transition period).
- Management of partial exemption calculations.
- Advising partners and client engagement teams on complex VAT matters.
- Key role in managing relationship with UK tax authorities, HMRC, including responsibility for any enquiries.
- Leading ad hoc projects, e.g. in relation to property planning matters, tax digitalisation, Brexit etc.
- Key role in the management and release cycles for partner tax reserves.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop tax consultant, based remotely.
The role involves consistent interaction with Partners and senior management meaning applicants should have excellent communication skills and be used to working with senior-level stakeholders. With significant post-qualification experience, the role requires appropriate professional financial qualification is essential, likely ACA or equivalent. This is an urgent vacancy and requires someone who is immediately available to start.
Follow us on LinkedIn or visit our website for insights and market trends.