Financial Accounting Manager
4 days left
The Manufacturing Technology Centre is a UK success story - created to provide manufacturing systems solutions in an agile environment in partnership with industry, academia, and other institutions. Working in partnership with Consilium Recruit they are seeking a Financial Accounting Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide leadership to the shared services accounting team and prepare all financial accounting and external/statutory reporting requirements for the MTC Group.
Benefits: The MTC lead the way with a superb suite of benefits including; 33 days holiday, flexible working, Smart Holiday system, Life Assurance, Payment of professional subscriptions, Plus many others.
The Financial Accounting Manager will oversee, and be involved with, the daily transactional work of the shared services finance team including, but not limited to, inputting journals, reconciliations, and preparing financial reports.
The role encompasses:
- Liaison with project accounting and management reporting teams to ensure that periodic transactions are correct and updated in addition to developing the system processes and to ensure increased financial control and operational efficiency.
- Ensuring record keeping and reporting is compliant with all FRS102 financial accounting requirements and preparation of statutory statements, financial reporting, and other external reports as required.
- Managing the month-end timetable to ensure efficient and timely processing, reporting of month-end results, and liaising with external auditors with ownership of the interim and year-end audit process/plan of work.
- Management and support for the shared services financial accounting team and maintaining the development plans for the team.
- Responsible for working capital and treasury management including FX exposures, daily banking management, cash flow forecasting for the group, bank deposits, intercompany reconciliations, corporation tax planning within subsidiaries, ownership of the R&D tax credit process, and balance sheet reporting and ownership of the balance sheet.
The successful candidate will be a proven Accounting Manager with a high level of personal standards and the adeptness to work hands-on when required, and the aptitude to operate with Cx level colleagues. The role successful person will possess the following attributes:
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of ten years of post-qualification experience and ideally a degree-level Accountant (ACA or ACCA).
- You will possess leadership experience in a transactional finance team, be self-motivated, able to work independently and with teams, and be deadline orientated.
- The Financial Account Manager will be well versed in tax planning and VAT reporting, statutory accounts preparation, consolidations, treasury management, and forecasting and consolidations.
- You will be a self-starter with hands-on skills in accounting and experience in all aspects of financial reporting and control, along with grounded management and coaching skills with a good understanding of accounting and reporting best practices.
- Experience in leading process change and functional modernisation by applying a flexible and supportive approach to ensure that daily and month-end transactional services provided to MTC Group entities are timely, accurate, and appropriate.
- You will be conversant with annual statutory accounts preparation for all entities and be highly experienced in tax compliance, in conjunction with external advisors.
To apply for the Financial Accounting Manager position please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Matthew Fielding.
Apply for Financial Accounting Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly