Group Finance Director
5 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a complex division of a larger international listed business, operating across a range of industrial markets. This international role is part of the divisional executive group leadership team, providing financial and commercial leadership in pursuit of the division's objectives.
The Group Finance Director will have line responsibility for controllers across each business unit and will set the financial management policy and procedures for all divisional leaders. The role will play a critical role in group decisions and the longer-term strategic road map.
Main duties include:
- Directing financial planning and strategy to meet goals
- Assessing, managing, and minimising operational, strategic, and accounting risks
- Reporting, analysing, and leading actions on financial performance
- Collaborating with other departments, use internal and external data to validate commercial decisions
- Proactively managing working capital to tight metrics
- Developing sound cash flow forecasts and driving consistent positive cash flows
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets
- Reviewing and challenging departmental budgets
- Monitoring and challenging capex requirements including development and assessment of IRR models and capex proposal requests
- Proactively carry out appropriate hedging activities in line with policy
- Building finance capability, including training and leading accounting staff
- Developing and managing key internal controls and efficient organisational processes
- Complete oversight of HR and Legal functions
- Full tax compliance
- Completion of annual external and internal audits
- Governance across the group, in line with group policies
- Playing a leading role in M&A activities from selection to integration
Key skills and experience required:
- Hands-on – driven to get out to the businesses and get involved (expectation of 30% international travel)
- Strong analytical skills, able to draw conclusions and manage actions
- Business process management and optimisation
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong change management and international leadership skills
- Demonstrable emotional intelligence, culturally adaptable, and an excellent communicator
- Strong on building relationships and influencing in a matrix organisation
- Confident with IT systems
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Proven experience in a financial and strategic leadership role
- Acquisitions and integrations
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, quoting reference MR51225.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. If you have not heard from us within the next five working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses, and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure, and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Group Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly