Head of Commercial/BD (Food & Drinks Manufacturing)
6 days left
Our client is a well-established Somerset based food/drinks manufacturing business. The company is experiencing plenty of success and has recently invested significantly in their production line technology and infrastructure. Due to continued success, diversification of certain lines and general growth there is the strategic requirement to recruit a Head of Commercial (‘Head of Business Development strategic type’) for the business.
The Head of Commercial will act at a high level to develop and implement market and business development strategies. This includes identifying new opportunities, developing new client relationships and creating business proposals. This is a technical sales role and the person will be responsible for identifying new commercial activities and driving business growth. A notable part of the role will involve managing the company’s core existing customers.
- Review, evaluate present/future opportunities
- Develop new client relationships and lead the management of existing clients (core 6 clients)
- Determine strategic options, select those to be pursued and decide the means to implement and support them
- Determine the business strategies and plans that underpin the corporate strategy
- Ensure that the company's organisational structure and capability are appropriate for implementing the chosen strategies to ensure new product requests are fully assessed to meet Company and Customer requirements by working with NPD and / or Technical teams as relevant
- To ensure new products are fully and accurately costed and meet Company & Customer requirements
- To manage the critical project timelines and ensure all stakeholders are aware of required deadlines and that they are met and ensuring assigned projects are assessed to meet required Food Safety and Quality parameters
- To be fully aware of Competitor products and the markets the company operates within
Suitable candidates will have:
- Ideally FMCG Food / Drinks manufacturing industry experience, having worked within Head of Business Development, Commercial or Sales type positions – expertise in technical selling of processes/services
- Candidates may have also been Heads of Commercial, Business Development, technical Sales in other types of manufacturing companies as well
- Experience of leading and directing small teams successfully
- Strategic experience in shaping long term client relationships
- Expertise in leading, implementing and developing strategic commercial/business development plans
- Knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with manufacturing contracts and pricing when it comes to working well with customers and new clients
Please email George Woodward from Novo Executive Search with your CV.
Apply for Head of Commercial/BD (Food & Drinks Manufacturing)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly