Our client is a renowned, national retailer with a highly entrepreneurial culture. They have ambitious plans to expand and diversify their existing business with the addition of a concessions business, establishing a long term, strategic partnership with another leading retailer.
Key to the success of this initiative is the appointment of a Retail Director. This is a newly created role and a hugely exciting opportunity to roll out a new venture within a well-established and financially secure retailer. Reporting directly into the COO, this role will be accountable for the national role out of the concessions model, driving the medium- and long-term strategy and establishing a strategic partnership with the retail partner.
The successful candidate will recruit, train and develop a national team and advise the business on the most effective team structure. You will be a retail expert with the ability to influence and guide both internal and external stakeholders, particularly at board level. The Retail Director will also be responsible for providing direction on product and merchandising decisions at a local, regional and national level.
To be considered for this role you must either have experience of delivering the roll out or significant upscaling of a multichannel retailer or the substantial merchandising expansion of a major brand. This opportunity will require extensive national travel. It will ideally be based in the Midlands but there is potential flexibility for the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement a retail strategy to ensure successful mobilisation of a new multi-site, national concession infrastructure.
- Provide strategic retail advice and guidance to the Executive Board to keep them aware of developments and opportunities within the industry to drive revenue.
- Build and develop long term strategic relationships with the retail partner and work closely with their internal teams.
- Establishing both a click and collect service and integrate it with the existing business.
- Responsible for managing a shared P&L, working collaboratively with other areas of the business to ensure costs are minimised and profitability maintained.
- Use their knowledge and expertise to influence the buying and sourcing strategy for the concessions business, ensuring that local, regional, national and seasonal needs are reflected in the strategy.
- Develop a talent pool through effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention of staff on a national basis. Help define the organisational structure both in store and at a wider national management level.
- A retail expert with extensive and in-depth experience and knowledge of multi-channel retail operations (bricks and mortar and e-commerce) relating to in-store concessions or brand merchandising.
- The ability to write, visualise, communicate, and execute a new business roll out or significant scale up agenda which includes complex service design including multi-site operational delivery either in the UK or internationally.
- The capability to operate at a strategic level whilst being “hands-on” and close to the day to day operations of the business.
- Takes the lead to really drive the roll out or upscale of a business, always looking for future opportunities to accelerate sales and innovation.
- The ability to develop and implement commercial strategies based on market knowledge and analysis, driving rapid business growth and profitability at local, regional and national level.
By proceeding with this application, you are consenting to Rowan Recruitment Limited’s collection of your personal information and handling of that information. Rowan will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. If at any time you want your personal information to be deleted, you simply need to notify us.