We have been instructed by a progressive Education and Skills provider to recruit for and Operations Director who will over arch group operations to grow the business moving forward while instilling OUTSTANDING quality and people centred approach. This is an exciting period for my client who is embarking on aggressive growth across the group and multiple streams of education.
Operate as a Director to maintain, identify, develop and drive as a credible preferred provider for businesses and individuals within Education, training and Apprenticeship provision of the business
Acting as an entrepreneurial catalyst within the business drive forward operational development strategy and activity within a shifting environment, building consensus within the business and taking people with you. Operating with agility and ambition to enable business change and transformation.
Creating a Quality provision and work environment that encourages financial growth and achieves business planned targets whilst developing future business strands, embedding an outstanding internal behaviour and value set. Develop internal team members while driving quality and business growth.
Maintaining extensive knowledge of growth markets / investment decisions
To oversee operational management & activity, be responsible for maintaining strategic relationships, identifying areas for growth and ensuring high quality performance that meet the volumes within the business plan.
Planning & Strategy
- Oversee all activity related to The Company operational and performance strategy
- Identify and execute action on new market opportunities
- Lead the planning, delivery and overall review of operations to ensure that service and financial targets are met and business growth is achieved.
- Foresee and maintain a high level of awareness of national policy and programme developments related to skills, be able to influence and contribute to these and relate such developments back to service delivery across a range of local delivery partners.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with all partners and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Scanning the operating environment to anticipate policy developments impacting on the markets in which we operate.
- Extensive knowledge of competitors identifying risk and strategies
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators
Leadership and management:
- Implement business plans through effective management and strong leadership across all business units
- Implement with own senior management team the culture and lead staff so that the behaviour, attitude and belief contribute to high quality delivery and strong financial and volume performance.
- Recruit, effectively manage and develop a strong senior management team.
- Set appropriate standards and expectations for all staff in business unit and manage fairly and transparently individual and team performance.
- Manage high levels of staff performance and service quality through regular communication, clear objectives, appropriate support, address poor and/or unacceptable behaviour/performance
- Manage effectively by maintaining a positive environment and encouraging individuals to take ownership and realise their potential
- Ensure that that income target is secured and maximised, expenditure is controlled and targets are achieved.
- Contribute to annual business planning and re-forecasts for operations
- Provide timely and accurate performance and forecast data on a monthly basis
- Manage services to deliver targets, within budget, control costs and add value
Management of self:
- Identify opportunities for development of own skills, gaining of relevant experience and maintaining and developing high levels of market/environment knowledge and understanding
- Review and compare own working practices and identify areas for improvement
- Use time and other resources efficiently to meet objectives
- Develop effective and productive working relationships internally and externally
- Lead by example, communicate effectively and accept personal responsibility
Knowledge & Experience
- Analytical with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong planning, operational, and financial management
- High level interpersonal, communication (written and oral), influencing and negotiating skills; able to demonstrate credibility.
- Capable of conducting high level representational work in one-to-one and formal meeting/committee settings, including presenting papers at Board level.
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders in a fast paced and ever evolving environment.
- Work with others to maximise performance, coaching, mentoring, providing constructive and encouraging feedback
- Decision making: ability to weigh up different options, make effective, timely decisions and take appropriate action.
- Inspire and motivate staff to raise levels of performance and achieve their potential, rewarding and recognising achievement
- Leadership of operations as well as stakeholder relationship or management of sales and marketing, Quality and compliance delivery
- Higher-level relationship management and successful partnership working in a complex environment.
- Leading and developing teams