Director of Business Intelligence, Data & Insight
Our client is a well-known, multi-branded, consumer business currently undergoing an exciting transformation.
The transformation is essential in order to protect the long term value of the business, by ensuring the brands remain relevant and operate successfully across multiple channels.
Despite the short term headwinds caused by the pandemic, our client continues to enjoy top and bottom line growth and occupies categories with bright, long term futures.
However, the organisation wishes to strengthen its strategic planning capability (both longer term and with more immediate tactical decisions) and sees better use of BI, insight and data as the best way to deliver this enhancement.
As a result, a new opportunity has been created for a Director of Business Insight, Analysis and Data, as outlined below:
- Leverage multiple sources of data both internal and external data to provide insight and strategic analysis that will help support Board and Senior Leadership-level decision making
- Create, distribute and help to leverage a constant flow of data that shows ‘one version of the truth’ to help the business continue its strategic journey
- Leverage data and insight to help shape decisions around M&A activity, broader corporate development ideas and key investment opportunities
- Work collegiately to help drive greater understanding, adoption and integration of data, advanced analytics and business insight across the business
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to the Executive team
- Liaise with the existing department-specific insight teams to help provide analysis that deepens the Executive team’s understanding of business performance and business potential
- Build ongoing awareness of market trends, future opportunities, competitors’ strategies and broader commercial opportunities through constant vigilance, awareness, inquisitiveness and building deep and broad levels of market understanding and awareness
- Work closely with the Investor Relations team to provide analysis that helps frame, shape and support the external narrative to investors and brokers
- Monitor data trends and emerging tools and technologies to ensure that the organisation is accessing and leveraging best possible sources of data
Applications are welcome from individuals with the following skills and background:
- Highly numerate with an exceptional academic pedigree
- Proven track record in data analysis, statistics and data modelling
- Possibly (but not necessarily) a finance & accounting background
- Commercial and strategic – able to create insight, strategy and commercial innovation as opposed to simply managing data
- Excellent communication skills, including written, face-to-face and for more formal presentations
- Strong relationship builder, a team-player and naturally collegiate
- Able to set clear goals, devise plans, meet deadlines and inspire others to move in an established direction
- Drive and energy – willing to agitate in a constructive way and with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Board level gravitas – showing the strength and conviction to be able to work easily with and constructively challenge senior executives
- Able to work cross-functionally; demonstrating real commercial understanding and buy-in from senior non-financial executives; has a strong commercial instinct to drive value and performance in the wider business
- Experience from a range of consumer-led businesses and across traditional and digital channels