Our client is a high-growth organisation which has a successful record of delivering a range of high-quality services to the communities it serves. Having grown to a turnover of around £80m, and within excess of 1,800 colleagues and stakeholders, the business stands at a pivotal point in its development.
Following a period of reflection and planning, the board and executive team are targeting significant levels of growth over the next 3 – 5 years. It is clear that the core of this strategy will require developing new business alongside its core services – and doing so both locally and on a wider geographical scale.
The organisation has an extremely talented pool of professionals on board. In order to deliver significant growth, the new post of Commercial Director has been established. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the job holder will play a key role in forming and agreeing strategy and in delivering the desired results.
- Income diversification: – planning, agreeing and delivering strategies for developing the commercial base of the company.
- Working with colleagues across the organisation to develop enterprising mindsets from board level to service delivery teams.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: - be they acquiring new contracts from existing and new stakeholders, or traditional acquisitions and joint-ventures in new areas which fit from both commercial viewpoint the company’s business ethos.
- Co-ordination of new bids and service-line developments: - leading multi-disciplinary efforts develop the organisation.
- Market monitoring and forecasting: - examining market trends to make sure the business is able to take advantage of new opportunities and take appropriate action to face challenges as soon as they are spotted.
- Corporate Planning Cycle: - playing a lead role in agreeing future operational and strategic business planning.
- Social Value and Impact Development: - taking responsibility for making sure new and existing activities fulfil the remit to deliver real social value.
- Being the contracting Lead: - assuming a front-line role in managing the process of new contractual arrangements with clients and business partners.
Relevant people could come from a broad range of commercial businesses operating in the B2B or B2C sectors. Experience of consumer focused service industry sectors and of business supplying services to the general public would also be of value.
Candidates will ideally have experience of:
- Profit oriented businesses which focus on delivering great customer service and experience.
- Businesses that thrive on close connections with their customer bases.
- Established connections within the corporate finance community.
- Achieving growth through mergers and acquisitions’
- A familiarity with franchising and an appreciation of the positive and negatives of this method of achieving growth (e.g. finding suitable franchise opportunities – inbound and outbound) and of ensuring quality control.
- A good grasp of strategic and operational planning processes.
- Prior experience in senior commercial leadership roles.
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically with the ability to translate strategic thought into action.
- Team oriented, with the ability to communicate and encourage and inspire others to contribute and perform outside of existing comfort zones.
This role presents exciting prospects for the future. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible working arrangements, success will bring long-term career developments and prospects – but above all, the satisfaction levels of working in a business making positive social impacts is a rare commodity.
Our client is committed to promoting inclusive practices in its recruitment processes with respect to race, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, mental or physical disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, age, maternity or social class.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a CV and details of current salary and benefits quoting reference 2033.
Apply for Commercial Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly