Head of Development (outside IR35)
I have an immediate need for an experienced Head of Development for a long term contract role based in Croydon, expected to last 2 years.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Demonstrate your experience of building and leading development capabilities to support programme delivery in a multi-vendor landscape.
- Demonstrate your experience of developing and owning Development process outputs, and presenting these through senior management meetings and governance boards.
- Demonstrate experience of taking ownership and setting direction for delivery teams to comply with Development constraints and guidelines, within a wider programme.
- Demonstrate experience of developing Software Development Standards documents within the last 5 years, specifically in an Agile, Java and Open Source delivery.
- Demonstrate where you have led a large group of Developers to create a single integrated application within a large-scale Agile delivery.
- Provide at least two examples of where you have ensured Developers followed Software Development Standards.
- Provide an example as to how you managed non-compliance to Software Development Standards.
- Demonstrate experience of managing branching and merging with a single code base from multiple release trains to ensure regular releases via a single release/deployment pipeline.
- Please provide an example of where you have led the re-engineering of previously built large, monolithic systems into simplified microservices.
- Show where you have applied simplified microservices where they have been independently deployed and what challenges have been faced.
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Demonstrate experience of implementations using Java, Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing and 3rd party interfaces/integrations within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrate experience of developing the principles, standards, ways of working and standard operating procedures and roadmaps consistent with best practice, including using DDD.
- Demonstrate experience of Open Source tools and technologies (ie Wildfly, Artemis) and working on a public cloud, in particular Azure.
- Demonstrate two examples of leading large scale Agile development/delivery teams.
- Demonstrate experience of working within a Software Delivery service in the Public sector.
- Demonstrate experience of leading development teams through all the phases of the Development Lifecycle.
- Demonstrate experience of working with Business Product Owners, Business Analysts, Business Architects, Full Stack Developers and Quality Assurance/Testing Leads.
- Demonstrate experience in wider software development, eg CICD, DevOps.
- Provide at least 2 examples that demonstrate your experience managing a complex stakeholder environment, including senior stakeholder management and ensuring proper governance
- Demonstrate how discounts will be linked to duration of the contract
For more information and to apply, please submit your latest CV for immediate consideration.